1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Thoughts on new steam trading policies?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DAFISH#got scammed D:, Nov 21, 2015.

1. DAFISH#got scammed D:

DAFISH#got scammed D: Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69854141
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    /sigh, ill post what i said internally on SR about it.
    calling it an "escrow" is very misleading and potentially dangerous for users who do not understand it.
  3. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Steam might as well ask for your home address and have someone come up to your house to ask you if you want to conduct such trade.
    Most of their implementations do nothing else aside from making trading harder and harder. Not to mention that they are drawing more and more personal information from you.
    Perhaps a year later, they will request a copy of your passport to "further" secure your inventory.
    Katpolice likes this.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Nah, in a year, they want you to have installed the Steam App on all devices and the Steam Client on all computers, and all computers will give a code, and all those codes will have to be entered. After that, you have to call a Call Center for 5 dollar per second to get positively identified in order to obtain the "completion code" to punch into steam to complete the trade.

Ofcourse there will be a "opt-out" to that, but that will mean you can't claim at steam support about any of your trades...

joking ofcourse... well... yeah, hmm, maybe no... yeah I'm joking (I hope)
    TFD_Industries™ and Roudydogg1 like this.
  5. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35293815
    Inb4 submit blood analysis with dna testing to trade an item on steam!
  6. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Well, steam might as well. Ask for a proof residents and/or fingerprints to verify your account further to get the badge "community god" or something.
  7. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I want this....I want it now.
    Someone 2 likes this.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Imagine if they made it an automated badge, if the account has a smartphone linked, it will show on their profile. Everybody will prefer to trade with those.
  9. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Hows the scam reports for the last few days?
    More or less stressful?
  10. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    When I was scammed i willingly gave away my 230$ worth of bp because i was an idiot and fell for the paypal invoice scam, and followed his fake rep links. If it 3 days longer i could have discovered his trickery but then again why would i check if the deal was done? this honestly may harm more traders than good.