1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Tio José das Vacas's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Tio José das Vacas, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)

Q & A

| steamname: Fs.tf | Tio José das Vacas

| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:32194479

| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024654687

| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tjdv

| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198024654687

2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?

I am 19 and currently living Angra do Heroismo – Portugal.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?

I'm a student and work as a notary assistant , I recently finished high school and probably go to college (computer engineer). In the vast world of internet I’m one of the four owner of a Portuguese community called FancyStab, specifically, I’m the CFO and the guy that helps the member with reports (scams or not) and any other help they need. Out of the internet I’m just a ordinary guy that likes to drink coffe and go out.

4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?

I want to be a moderator for several reasons. The first and the most important, helping to keep the community clean and trustworthy. Second reduce the payload that you guys have. Last but not least, i love the theme (scam) because it's very similar to real life ( Telexfree and other types of real scam).

5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?

I can donate easily 14 to 16 hours and in good weeks i can donate about 18 to 22 hours. Weekends also included.

6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?

Yes I do. I has a moderator on a community called “FRAGXL ” (big community on Portugal, it’s now closed ). On FRAGXL I was a moderator of the forum and a social networks manager. Now I'm a chief financial officer in a small Portuguese community called “FancyStab” and I also deal with any scam report expose to us.

I don’t have many game hours dedicated to TF2 because I usually like to dedicate my time to scam reports and trading (not on servers).

7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?

I can think in some, like flame wars, backlog complaints and some improperly formatted reports. I'm prepared to deal with these challenges.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?

Yes I can.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?

No.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

Yes, I’m here to follow all instructions.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

I need to improve my sociability, it's not that i don't have several people that i talk, it’s just that i take a while to trust people and getting comfortable with them. Also feel like i give too much value to an agreement because usually in TF2 people are more interested in making profit instead of being trustworthy, that's a thing that i really hate on TF2 and also in real life.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?

I think that i can bring three things: knowledge, Portuguese language (if necessary i can translate all Portuguese threads) and huge dedication. For me the most important is the dedication that said I’m a very dedicated person and I really want to share it with SR.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)

Yes, I do. I would like to deal with scam reports, like I said before it’s what I really like to do.

14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.

I have two alts and only I use them. The first is going to be the VIP bot for my community (the bot is still not operational), the second it’s an old account to run a side group for my previous community “fragxl”.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137279242

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656119808041701515

15)Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?

Yes.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?

Yes.

17) Do you have any questions?

No.
    Sargent¥ and Monkey 2 like this.
  2. [FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men

[FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59582603
    Tio is a very trustable person, who makes many scam reports on the FoG forums. He is active in hunting down scammers, and I believe that he should be a staff.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Just to make an update. I step down from my portuguese community due to the lack of communication with the team and lack of motivation from them to make the project continue. My online time now it's dedicated to trades , a bit of game play and SR.
    Also i'm gonna to Oporto (college) so my internet access, this 2 weeks is going to be conditioned. Just a reminder, I'm in college but I'm still able to donate the time i stated on my application (even a bit more).
  4. Rainbow Dash 4

Rainbow Dash 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72258669
    I for one believe he should become a Moderator.
  5. I vouch for Tio. He is a very helpful and active member of SR and corrects our wrongs, even mine! Since he has an expierence, I think he deserves to be a Steam Rep mod. :)
  6. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    Can confirm he is nice, knows how most scams work and actively reports scammers.
  7. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    I would like to vouch for Jose. He knows the ins and outs on how scams are done, and is very proactive at reporting scammers/shady individuals. Hopefully he'll have a chance to get brought onto SR.
  8. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53002757
    I vouch for this kind fella. I myself would love to see Jose working together with other SR staff. He is an individual that cares for the safety and efficiency of the community and would be a great asset to the SR team.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  9. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Well I'll vouch for Jose. He has a clear understanding of how SR works and actively reports scammers and helps out users with scam reports.
  10. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Did you move?
    The second link does not work.
  11. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
  12. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    I vouch for José. He seems like a really dedicated person to trading. He clearly knows how SR works and is actively searching for scammers.
  13. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Your application is currently under review.
  14. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Accepted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.