1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade Banned by Steam

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Trunk, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trunk

Trunk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8768278
    I'll try to keep this as swift as possible.
    Last week I received an alert on my steam account that said "This account appears to have been used for fraudulent activity." accompanied by a trade ban on my account. I sent a couple messages via Steam support asking if they could resolve the issue. I received the following response today.

[​IMG]

Obviously I've had nothing to do with anything of the sort so you can imagine how pissed I am right now.
    The only thing I can think of that could've caused this is the 23 buds I bought the day before from KosToLoM ㋛ (http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041590142) (http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101171)

Let me be clear that I'm not accusing him of trading scammed goods to me (since Steam has given me literally no information on how I was blamed of this"hijacking") it's just the only thing I can think of that might have caused this.

I've already sent another message back to Steam but I'm doubtful of any recourse since they didn't even give me an opportunity to prove myself innocent. Has anyone else been in this situation before? and if so what's the best way to prove to approach Steam about this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Talk to the user you got the buds from-- if he's not in the same situation you are then he wasn't the source of the confusion.
  3. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
  4. Trunk

Trunk New User

Steam:
    My steam account still works. I can play games and edit my profile but I can't purchase, gift or trade anything. Either they meant that my trading abilities will not be reactivated or that my whole account will be shut down and it just hasn't happened yet.
    Ill try to contact kostolom tomorrow and talk to him about it. In the meantime I've just been going to all the profiles I've traded with through my inventory history to see if anyone else has been trade banned...to no avail yet
  5. Trunk

Trunk New User

Steam:
    I've talked to Kostolom and he confirmed that he is trade banned as well, along with many of his friends who sell him buds. So now that I know why I was banned all I need to do is prove to Steam that I was unaware I was buying scammed goods. Easy right...
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Surely you have documentation about the items you purchased? Screenshots of the chat, trade, agreement, etc? And then a screenshot of the PayPal transaction? I would send all of that to Valve.
  7. Jessica

Jessica New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56128167
    Umm do you lose all your items when you get trade bannedD?
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

9. RzV can't trade

RzV can't trade New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78960580
    How long is a curently trade ban?
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Please do not bump threads from 2012, we can't help you with your trade ban as we are not Valve.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.