1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade mistake

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by arthur1337, Jun 26, 2020.

1. arthur1337

arthur1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113913842
    Good day,
    Is there any way to impose sanctions to a person which accepted a trade that was sent by mistake?
    For instance, due to my negligence i have sent a trade like this: my item from my side, and 15k from other side. While it was meant to be 20k in trade. This item can be immediately sold for 19k. After trade was accepted i have contacted the buyer and told him kindly that this was a mistake and asked to send me 1k back or item for the price i sold, he just deleted me after.

It's not a big deal and i dont assume him being a scammer but just want to know if some other tags can be applied in that case.
    Thanks
    _Blizzard_ likes this.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Was there any previous agreement in the chat for you to trade the item to the other user for the 20k price that you agreed on?

If you are unsure about whether you should create a report, here are two links for you to review:
    1. Submission Fundamentals - Pay attention to point #1 in this link.
    2. Investigative Policy - Pay attention to point #1 in this link as well.
    arthur1337 and _Blizzard_ like this.
  3. arthur1337

arthur1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113913842
    No, i have just sent a trade offer, then, when it was accepted, added the user and tried to chat with him, while he added he just ignored and deleted afterwards.

But i see the logic, no agreement = no obligations, thanks for fast respond. And what if we had an agreement within steam chat for 20k and i accidentally sent him 15k?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We don't look at values or prices of things, just the agreement noted for the items in question (Exactly as they are noted in the game menu) You can't just say "knife" for example...we need the full name/condition/things of that nature noted for the proper amount and by what method...payment methods must also note the location to send the funds such as a paypal email address or BTC string.
    Item for item trades are the same deal with the complete description.
    You may have made the mistake...not once but twice seeing as how you had to accept the offer then CONFIRM the offer afterwards. That is entirely on you without proper context of the agreement and reporting someone otherwise wouldn't be fair since nobody would know if it was or wasn't a legit trade for whatever reason.