1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade.tf Bot Traded with Marked Scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Kristofferson, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Kristofferson

Kristofferson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63074393
    I can't seem to find an already existing post on this, or even anything in FAQ, and I realise this is only over two Name Tags.
    I have my bot set-up to decline trades with Marked Scammers for obvious reasons.
    [​IMG] Seen here the option is checked.
    Now this did work and it did bring up the guy who tried to send me an offer, but this only declines the trade from the bot, but before checking the trade.tf tab I checked my Steam to see a pending trade offer, in which I accepted. I THEN AFTER accepting the trade offer through Steam, opened the trade.tf tab and seen that he was a marked scammer. And obviously before I could decline I had already accepted.
    [​IMG]
    And as soon as I had accepted the offer MANUALLY through Steam, they got sold almost instantly to two other people, and immediately out of my BP.

I realise this is my fault for not checking trade.tf first before accepting the trade.
    Now tell me, what should I be doing about this? If anything at all?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You have nothing to worry about from SR.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you have an issue with trade.tf and how their script works, you should report it to them. We have no control or oversight in it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/trade_tf

As for the trade itself, it's well below the threshold we would investigate if you're not systematically brokering for a scammer.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  4. Kristofferson

Kristofferson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63074393
    Thanks, and no trade.tf's bot worked as it should, it blocked the guy's trade.