1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trading with someone that is not tagged but has a report.... *sigh*

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Air²³, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Air²³

Air²³ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65034747
    So i am getting some heat from users on TF2outpost and my friends list for trading an unusual with a guy that is banned on TF2outpost for - apparently - scamming.

The thing is, he is not marked by steamrep. Therefore he is not banned on unusual trade servers. I checked the hat history for a dupe like i always do and he did not show up as banned on backpack.tf. Why? Because again, he is not marked nor has the report on him been looked at for over 20 days. There is not even any proof that he scammed. Another trader just claims that... (i found this out by reading the report a day after we traded, after guys alerted me)

Yet i get comments on my trade "did trade with scammer?" "you will be marked" and more.

I tried to read some topics on this forum but i am still unsure. Can i get in trouble if i trade with any of the 5000+ people that have pending reports but not been deemed guilty, yet? And if so, why is there no warning system on sites like backpack.tf or trade servers that use the steamrep scammer database?
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    While reviewing such cases, we consider many factors in order to make a decision. Every case is different. There is no simple answer for your question.

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Air²³

Air²³ New User

Steam:
    Yes ive read the faq after i found this site but there must be a difference between a scammer and someone who merely got accused of scamming without any review process or proof?
  4. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    If the user you traded with (you never mentioned who it was) was not banned by SteamRep or any other Partner Communities (I mean bans that we used to call tags) at the time of trade, then we would think over if the account in question could be considered an obvious scammer alt or not.

As I said, there are many factors that we consider while reviewing such cases.
  5. Air²³

Air²³ New User

Steam:
  6. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    The account itself does not look like an obvious scammer alternate account.

Based on the information you provided, it does not look like you will be banned on SteamRep.

My piece of advice is:
    Check the reputation status on SteamRep, not on other websites. It should prevent you from being a part of such drama and reduce the risk of being a victim of a scam. Also, please read guides that can be found in SteamRep Guides section.
    Mattie! likes this.