1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator trent4421's Moderator application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by trent4421, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trent4421

trent4421 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64497062
    1) Applicant Name and Info:
    | steamname: trent.driver
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:64497062
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089259852
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pizzaistasty
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198089259852

Q & A
    2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?
    I am 16 years old and live in Prescott Arizona.

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I HAD a job making snow cones :). Lost it. I am out of highschool currently and am work towards my GED. I have multiple hobbies I am an outdoors man as much as I am on the computer gaming. I like to hunt, fish, ECT. I also work voluntarily on equestrian therapy for disabled children and adults.

4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?
    I have been a mod of different forums and want to try my hand at something new. It appeals to me because I enjoy my fair share of detective work and figure this will help me fill my "needs".

5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    Generally I can donate a few hours every day, so math + days equals= 9 hours.

6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?
    I do have a bit. I have owned my own forums, I was a mod on two role play forums that are no longer. My most recent has been a mod on the windows 8 forums where I dealt with my fair share of spammers and scammers.

7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?
    Probably the dealings with people in general can get stressful, especially with retail like I've experienced. It does get stressful and troublesome but things tend to have a way of working themselves out.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?
    I am willing to enforce guidelines to better a great community that want nothing to do with scams

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?
    No I think that is part of the fun, as weird as it may sound I actually enjoy reading.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    I am a fast learner have have worked for "the man before" . I am ready for instruction and find it hard not to have that direction to get through my everyday life.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    Patience. I sometimes find it hard to have patience when it comes to dealing and handling things.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?
    I hope to bring in another hard worker one that can follow directions and provide assistance where necessary. I am ready to do what it takes to rid the community of scams. I believe I also have an edge on moderating in general because of my experience. Like I have said I am a hard worker but can be goofy when the situation allows.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do?
    To be honest It's hard to imagine myself in the "top spot" like an admin. I do hope to achieve great things however.

14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.
    None.

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    I certainly agree.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes I understand and am ready to perform those duties.

17) Do you have any questions?
    The threads have explained it well.
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    1. This requires a serious time commitment. If you are in school, have a demanding work schedule, have numerous commitments elsewhere- this is not the right position for you.The current moderators will tell you that this requires at least a 2 hour dedicated time commitment DAILY, if not more, in order to meet weekly goals
    In my honest opinion you need to dedicate more time too SR to become a moderator at least 14 hours a weak. Its just an opinion and i hope it helps you out ;)
  3. trent4421

trent4421 New User

Steam:
    Thank you for the reply. I am not in school and 14 hours seems like a pretty good weekly goal. Reason I said 9 hours is because I have nerdy siblings and they are on the computer most of the day. 14 hours doesn't seem like much honestly. I think I could do it. Thanks so much again for the reply and the tip :).
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  4. trent4421

trent4421 New User

Steam:
    insisted anal... I'm not taking my application down for just that reason. I still believe I can fully commit to the hours I am asked to put in.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  5. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Hello,

Unfortunately, you did not receive a personal recommendation from a Partner community admin. As you know this is one of the requirements and since you did not meet it your application was declined.
    Feel free to re-apply in the future if you can meet our requirements.

Nonetheless, thank you for applying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.