1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined [UHM] Gaming`s Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Adam :D, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam :D

Adam :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48584983
    Hi there SteamREP! Today we are going to be submitting an application to team up with SteamRep. You are probably asking why, well i will list the reasons below! (Following the Format)

1. Unfortunately, i do not own my Team Fortress 2 Trading server anymore. The budget was getting high, and i was running out of money. We had the SteamREP plugin running for the whole time it was up (About 80 days) and we never took it off. The Server was a 24/7 Trade server, that had 15/24 people on it most of the time. I have been working hard to bring the server back up, and i am almost back on to bring it back up luckily.

2. Actually, i had no idea how to change or mod plugins back then. I made no changes to the SteamREP plugin at all. I wouldn`t dare make a change, as i was too scared of messing something up within the script ( I didn`t know how to code then ).

3. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uhmgaming This is the URL to the Steam Page that we currently own. We used to have like, 500 members, but we grew, now we have about 5000 + members. We play mainly TF2 but dont get us wrong, we play other games too! We mainly like to trade, and thats why i created [UHM]! To have fun trading, and to get good, fair trades amongst the community.

4. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uhmadmins This is the URL to the Admin Steam Page. We do not have many admins at the moment, but we have not needed any as we have no server. All the admins are clean of steamrep and they have no scamming history ( Or atleast i know of ). The admins usually try to help people out with questions, and they also help towards getting scammers banned.

5. Below, i shall list [UHM]`s Admins and their SteamREP:

Adam :D (Owner): http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198057435695
    RainbowFantasia (Admin): http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198042123844
    Slender Cake (Co Owner): http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044368007

6. Our Policies are definitely NO SCAMMING. Scammers are dealt with by the admins. The users who have been victims of a scam, or threatened by one. Must instantly report it to us, we shall see the proof they give, and then we shall report them to SteamREP.

7. We wish to be affiliated with SteamREP because we want to stop the spread of scammers in the world of TF2 trading. We want to ban the ones who need to be banned, or even tagged & marked on STEAMREP. We want to make TF2 trading a better a better world, and more fun aswell.

8. We dont currently have a website.

9. As we have no website, we just have to make discussions to have people report scammers. We are trying to get a fourm but we have been really busy lately.

10. N/A

11. We are currently trying to make gaming a better place. We want to help people trade, ban scammers and hackers. We want to make sure everybody gets a fair trade. We play TF2, so we should be getting a server soon. Our dream is to team up with SteamREP, and make this world, a better place.

12. We do not have a banner yet, and we will post one as soon as we do.

Thanks for reading our application, we will look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,

[UHM] Gaming
  2. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    It hurts my eyes D:

On a more serious note, you don't seem to currently have any trading servers or services at all in the community - No trade forum / website or server, just a Gmod server.
    It would probably have been better if you had reinstated the trading portion of your community before applying.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Now that my eyes have stopped bleeding.

First what does UHM stand for it is bugging me and you do not have anywhere detailing exactly what those three letters represent.

Back to business. Personally I would have to agree with cobra on this. Your community may have the good intentions at heart, but you lack any form of true structure.

You need to prioritize what your resources are, what you can do with said resources, and prepare a well thought out plan for growth.

Also I looked at your requirements to become and admin and the criteria there needs to be re-evaluated to be less bias to bring more credibility to your staff. Because as of right now it basically reads "Hey if you are friends with the owners you get admin."
  4. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hi Fluffy,

I appreciate your Feedback.

[UHM] Does not have a meaning. [UHM] were made about an year ago, and i thought: "Hmmm, people always say uhmmm. Im gonna call it that!". [UHM] has no perticular meaning. I agree that i need to get a fourm ect ect, and plus the admin thing is not like that. It was put like that to tell the members that if they got to know everyone, it would get them a better chance at being admin, as everyone knew them.

Thanks,

Adam
  5. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
  6. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    Also,

[​IMG]
    Sjru and Pretender like this.
  7. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hi Aces,

Yes, that application was a while ago, we got declined for our poor application. Also, i was meant to update the admin page, and how to become admin, but i forgot to do it, being caught up with work and other IRL things.

Thanks,

Adam
  8. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    I think he was trying to point out your personal problems, not the fact that it was rejected - it's not ok to have a head admin that lies and asks for admin in every trade community by feeding them lies to bolster your reputation

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    [​IMG]

So basically:
    "Kiss our ass and / or donate to get admin"
    I also +1 what Penguin said, its kind of vague what on how people are given admin (Because if you do get affiliated with steam they get a green admin tag and shield, thus making them a lot easier to trust)
    I am also a bit curios as to why you would need affiliation with Steamrep, when your community basically don't support any form of trading.
    Without a decent forum and/or trade server it is hard to get a trading community based on a DarkRP garry's mod server
  10. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    so UHM means U Have Money?
  11. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hi TommY,

[UHM] has no meaning, as stated before. It does not mean ' U Have Money ', and also i changed the admin details, if you would care to take a look. :)

Thanks,

Adam

Attached Files:

12. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    Still looks the same to me.

[​IMG]
    A Filthy Streetrat and TommY like this.
  13. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Sorry for the delay. We're currently considering your application
  14. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    You may have changed the requirements, but by stating that being a donator boosts your benefit still shows a bias. I can not support any community having a bias on becoming a trusted admin based on payments to said community. Your community needs to EXTREMELY re-prioritize and do some real work on your community itself before trying to step forward into new unknown areas. Re-opening a TF2 server for one should be the biggest one seeing as how you still don't have one and as of now still have nothing that even ties your group to trading. Just some things for you to think on.
  15. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hey guys,

I changed the donation details, i think you will agree with me that its much better now! :)

2013-05-08_1535.png

Thanks,

Adam
  16. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    Good luck with your application
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hi TommY,

Thank you for your kind comment! Also, we got our own server that i saved up for. I understand, i need one. :) I shall post the IP below!

game1.2k30.com:27035

Thanks,

Adam
  18. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
  19. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Sorry if i'm not quite understanding this, but in the main app you say you do not have a website, when i view the steam group you have a link to your forums. I assume those are you forums or your servers forums at least.
  20. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    The fact that it takes you being told a million times to change something makes it that less impressive when you actually get to changing it (Also don't say you changed it when you haven't changed it everywhere) . The server is a step forward but your community still has a lot of stuff to.

Also like to know on the site maddux linked it has you being listed as 12 years old adam. Is this accurate ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.