1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined [UHM] Gaming`s Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Adam :D, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Side note. Just viewing the forums there are a decent amount of admin abuse reports on different admins. http://uhmgaming.webs.com/apps/forums/show/14283914-admin-abuse-reports

Admin admitting to abusing powers http://uhmgaming.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8899549-shorten-my-ban-please-

This is int meant to bash your community, its meant to point out things that should be fixed. My self being a part of other communities (not steam related), its very important to have constant communication with your staff. Reliable staff, ones that will help with the well being of the server and community is key to expand in my opinion.
    Penguin The Fluffy likes this.
  2. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    LOL. They have a separate forum for [Admin Abuse Reports], which means they are 140% aware of their admin's abusing.
  3. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    Uploading full size image just in-case
    01.png
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Comments RETRACTED due to clarification in a following post.
  5. Adam :D

Adam :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48584983
    Hi guys,

The site donation, is for our GMOD server, it`s not linked to our main clan, its our offhand site for our GMOD server. And yes, that would be correct.

Thanks,

Adam
  6. Adam :D

Steam:
    PS:

You would only buy those ranks for the GMOD SERVER, not official clan & TF2 Trading admins.

Thanks,

Adam
  7. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    Whether the server is completely related or not related with trading, BUYING(& SELLING) admin privileges is NEVER a good idea.:( Admins should be chosen wisely, not by the amount of donation.
    Melkor, Dronefly, Cuttlefish and 3 others like this.
  8. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Exactly what Tommy said. Remember the admins for one server reflect on the community as a whole. So if they do something wrong it will make all UHM admins look bad. Also there was no clarification of any kind that the donation page or a matter of fact anywhere on that site is it listed that it was for the Gmod server only. It actually more indicates that it is was a community wide donation platform.

Also who sells owner status ? From that alone anyone can cause trouble from the community just by telling others "Oh well I am an Owner...."
    VenGanZa and Dronefly like this.
  9. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hey guys,

Agreed and changed. Here you go.

Donator.png

Thanks,

Adam
  10. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Where do you do the actual trading? You don't have a server, neither a website, I don't get this community app at all. I think the only letters that can describe this are; wtf
  11. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    game1.2k30.com:27035 <----according to Adam, that's their server. Also, apparently they have a G-mod server, but i'm not sure where to find the IP for that, (i assume they do have a gmod server considering they have a website based around their gmod server).
    Lets try to keep the posts with constructive info, not "i think the only letters that can describe this are; wtf". Every community started like Adam's did, it takes time and energy to build a successful community, and its admirable that at such a young age adam is taking the "bull by the horns" and trying to build a fun place to hang out. I don't think there is more i can add here, good luck with your community application though, if you do need help with some of the server/web stuff, don't hesitate to shoot me a message on steam, i enjoy seeing the younger audience paving the way for future communities.
    VenGanZa and Burnt Waflles like this.
  12. Burnt Waflles

Burnt Waflles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32594014
    I agree completely. SR should be a constructive place, where people are willing to move forward, give chances, and work with others, (while also not supplying false confidence) rather than hate on any community that doesn't exactly fit the bill. Every class of SR user, from member to admin, has at one point shown some form of sheer rejection toward a community (which i suppose is ok if warranted). But insulting a community does not convey the message SR should put out there.

That being said, along with everyone else's constructive criticism, SR deals mostly with the trading community. I understand that you at one point had a tf2 server. However, it appears that this is no longer the case (besides the server in maddux's comment, which is not confirmed). Without any strong ties to trading, it is hard to move forward as an affiliate community. My suggestions would be to try to rebuild the trading aspect of your community, as well as the other problems which people have expressed. Every community has some potential waiting to be utilized, so good luck!
  13. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hey guys,

We have 2 Servers now, but they are both out of date ( Hosters Fault ), they should be up soon. I am also going to make a TF2 site for [UHM].

Thanks,

Adam
  14. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hello Again,

Are there any updates regarding my APP?

My Personal Clan updates:

TF2 Website in development
    Servers in development

If someone could get back to me with any updates regarding my app, i would be gratefull!

Thanks,

Adam
  15. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    You do not need to bump your application. It will be reviewed when the SR staff sees fit. There are other communities that are also applying and each one has to be reviewed and looked into. Be patient and do not bump it again please.
  16. Passing down the Cake

Passing down the Cake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42051139
    As a former Co-Owner of UHM, I can tell you that this Admin selection process is non-sensical. In addition to that, I had pledged to Adam that I will pay him approximately 20 Pounds within late June, but after some thought, I realized that I cannot trust him with it, seeing as his current age bracket is 12-13 years old. I later denied and apologized to Adam for such inconvenience, but my thoughts still lie negative with him now.

Also, in Late October, Adam believed that I had caused the massive deduction of members from the UHM Clan after I posted an announcement stating an upcoming Minecraft server, due to such "incident", Adam had constantly forced me to buy him a game or a DLC, or else I would not be able to take back the Moderator position, and I did give him a DLC for 4.99, it was a stupid action I would say. He constantly as well creates Moderators and Admins out of near nowhere, simply for being "nice" and "friendly" with him. Sometimes, while he was offline and I was overlooking the server, I was seeing some of them unexpectedly kicking and/or banning users for little-to-no offenses, such as TheoEatingFolk.

At the near conclusion of the argument, he said he wouldn't provide me the two server I.Ps (one possibly being the Gmod server, but the I.P was clearly on the Group Description) due to my "lack of contribution" and "being lazy", when even some of the Moderators did next to nothing in the server and the announcements. Hell, Adam's last announcement was posted in the 19th of May! Forgive me Adam, but I must come to these facts now.
  17. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hah, Slender Cake...

I never forced you to buy me a DLC, and i never said that you would not get your Moderator Position (You weren`t losing it in the first place). I never add random admins to the community, your only comfortable with simple Garry`s Mod server adminship, but when it would come to a Team Fortress 2 community (When we turned around), you would be utterly hopeless.

It was not my intention for you to buy me a Mafia II DLC, it was your choice for putting out a mild threat to the community, this was when i demoted you from Admin, you were moderator, and you wanted to buy your way back into your Adminship. I refused, yes, and thats why you remained mod. Over time, i gained trust in you, and then you got damn lazy.

The Reason why i kicked you from your Co - Owner spot, is because you were so Lazy. All you did was sit on your backside and wait for your admin powers which i took off you for abusing them. You never contacted me for about 3 months straight, and then you start asking me for Co Ownership. I wouldn`t provide you the Ip`s because i am still working on the Servers.

Dont try and bring [UHM] (Or any community) down for your own personal problems, that`s all i have to say!

Thanks,

Adam
  18. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    Dont bicker on the forums, bicker in private messages. Also, cmon adam, you have had months to fix the changes with donating for admin and STILL you have written that you can donate to become admin. http://uhmgaming.webs.com/ Still says you can donate for admin. http://uhmhl2rp.webs.com/apps/donations/ and here, says you can donate 50 euros for admins. You have had ages to fix this man, and still it can be found that you can donate for staff positions. Staff positions should be earned, not bought. And is your Roll Play server still running? Had an issue connecting earlier, may have been an error on my end though. I understand that people need funds to start a community, they need funds for websites and servers, but selling staff positions is defiantly not the way to do it. Have a fun, friendly environment for people to play in. Dont have an entire section for admin abuse reports, handle things adult like and make sure that everybody is having fun.

Refrence screen shots.
    cmon adam.PNG cmon adam 2.PNG
    Hitman Sparky, Melkor and Sari like this.
  19. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    So i talked to adam for a few seconds, says that it was donating on his CWHL2RP server and he doesn't have it any more, not a clue in the world what that means. He says he is choosing not to reply here claiming there is no point, so i figure i'd quickly inform. I'm not sure if he wants this application closed or whatnot, i'm not sure, hopefully he can chime in here. I dont know if there is much more i can put in here, he told me that the issue with donating for admin was a small one, obviously based on the fact that no other community affiliated with steam rep is selling admin, and multiple people, not only my self, have stated that its a bad idea. I'm not trying to start an argument or fight or anything, but i tried to help him out as best i could with his website and application. I do wish his "community" the best of luck. Nothing more i can add here, hopefully adam does chime in if he still wants the application to continue.
  20. Adam :D

Steam:
    Hi Maddux,

I think its slightly annoying that you are constantly trying to make us look bad. We used to have a Half Life 2 RolePlay server, which yes, people could donate for different perks such as Tool Trust and Factions. I do not see what problem you have against me doing this, it is a way of making money so that i can fund my server to help the community have as many servers as possible. Tell me this Maddux, other TF2 communitys let you donate TF2 items, in order for perks. TF2 items can be sold for money aswell, so its basically the same yet you have no problem with other communities, your little arguments are dragging on now, and it seems pointless. Thats all i have to say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.