1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Unusual Trading Immaturity In and Out of Game

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Lavender Town, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavender Town

Lavender Town New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39185937
    Hello, my name is Lavender Town, I am a three year TF-2 player and an almost two year unusual trader. Over time I have discovered that many people on places like Outpost, Source Op, and the barren waste land that is now tf2tp, can be very immature, childish, rude, and downright disrespectful to their fellow traders. Usually we see this when a person low-balls or someone uses the accursed website that prices unusuals that shall not be named, because it really isn't worth naming. However one place that this terrible situation occurs in makes me just question why people are so crazy about other users who have better hats and why we try to lie, cheat, and steal to get them marked for no reason or just plain ban them from our own server. Of course, I am talking about in game trading.

One of the main conflicts at the time that bothers me the most is a certain person who did nothing wrong being banned from a certain place and hated by the entire community because he just has better hats, his own server which he made friends on and built from the ground up after his ban, and is actually one of the more lenient Admins/server owners and a great friend once you get to know him.

This person is constantly treated unfairly just because he is younger (But still old enough for the M Rating) and has better hats than some older traders on their server. This person is also constantly currently scapegoated and lied about being a scammer, and trading with scammers for his hats/buds/keys to make himself seem big and powerful compared to the others. This is not only untrue, BUT EXTREMELY IMMATURE COMING FROM A PERSON almost 20 years older than the person who is hated.

The person who helps spread these lies also currently sends his friends and even random new people to his server to dig up non-existent dirt on the other said user, and he never gets anything on the accused. BUT OH HE KNOWS FOR A FACT HE DOES IT BECAUSE HE AND THE OTHER ADMINS SAID SO.

TL;DR version.

TRADER X quit being a whiny immature brat about TRADER Y just because he now has his own server after you banned him, after all you guys used to be really good friends from what I have studied.

TRADER Y Don't be immature either even if you are 20 years younger than TRADER X. Be the bigger man, offer to talk about things rather than throw ban hammers and false things at each other so you two get unfairly marked on here.

SOME FUN FACTS PEOPLE CHOOSE TO IGNORE:

You both like hats.

You both are kind people who are a great part of our community and are respected by your friends/donators.

You both like unusual hats.

You both have your own server

YOU ARE BOTH HERE FOR THE SAME DAMN REASON, QUIT ACTING LIKE MY LITTLE SISTER WHO IS SIX AND IN KINDERGARTEN, ACT YOUR DAMNED AGE!
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR does not care to get involved user/community disputes/bans unless it involves SR tag abusing or obvious misconduct that would have a negative effect on an affiliated community. I have a hunch this thread is about a specific dispute relating to another thread in this section so I'm going to close it as I see this as a flame-bait thread. If you feel compelled to dispute the thread closing, feel free to add me on steam or pm me here on the forums, making a new topic tho, will result in a temp ban.
    Dronefly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.