1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

User banned on outpost for being a scammer alt, not tagged on SR

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by J.P.M., Feb 1, 2013.

1. J.P.M.

J.P.M. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44674951
    Hi,

I got added by a user for one of my trades on outpost. I checked his profile on SR and he wasn't marked. Then I decided to look for him on outpost and found out that he is banned there for being a scammer alt. Should I file a normal report for that user or who should I talk to?
  2. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    If someone on Outpost marked him, there is most likely already a request to get him marked on SR. The other possibility is that the main they marked might not fall under SR guidelines for marking so he might just be marked on OP.
  3. J.P.M.

J.P.M. New User

Steam:
    Ah, okay. I'll just wait and see what happens. Didn't know how the tags are "spread" from the different sites to SR.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

normally a comm admin asks a SR admin to add a tag to accounts. If they ban but don't supply the ban to us, we have no automatic feed of them. Reporting those to tag accounts is a responsibility of that community.

We have specific topics set up in admins section for this, which makes it as simple as providing the SR ID Block, link to their report and naming the type of offense.

I'll add a Q/A to the generic FAQ on this.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

6. J.P.M.

J.P.M. New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.