1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

VAC bans and list scrubs?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Blanchflower, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Blanchflower

Blanchflower New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21171406
    I was issued a VAC ban on October 2012 for hacking on Black Ops 1. Steam now allows the VAC ban to disappear after 7 years. However, one can still view the VAC ban privately and unable to play multiplayer on the affected game permanently.

The question is, will SteamRep follow suit? People change and 7 years is a long time.

Secondly, a Steam user by the name of ⌜ʙʟѕ⌟ ejjp (Current Steam level 1023) said this here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ejjppg

He said, "Srroy bro. That was done in a [+]STEAMREP list scrub. You ay want to check that out. with them.". I really do not undertsand what is going on. As a result, I was removed from his friend's list and being block. Please advise. Thanks.
  2. Blanchflower

Blanchflower New User

Steam:
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We have no "list scrub" its simply a user viewing their own profile on SR and removing users who are tagged.
  4. Blanchflower

Blanchflower New User

Steam:
    OK thank you for your kind reply. So what about very long term VAC bans?
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We list on your SteamRep profile whatever we receive from the Steam API. If that API tells us you're VAC banned, that's what will show up in your SteamRep. If it doesn't return a VAC ban, then your profile will be clean pending no other issues. Whether or not Valve suppresses VAC bans in the API is up to Valve, we're only mirroring what they tell us.

The second comment is pretty vague, but I can only guess it's someone cleaning out their friend list, like YATO said above. A quick glance at your profile shows you have 45 "banned" friends (scammers), which shows up in friend lists on SteamRep profiles. That would be my best guess as to why he removed you citing SteamRep.
  7. Blanchflower

Blanchflower New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware that SteamRep uses the info from the Steam API. But the question is, if a user gets a VAC 7 or more years ago, no one can view his VAC ban except for the user himself. So will SteamRep still show that the user has a VAC ban after 7 years?
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I don't know offhand. It depends on whether Valve themselves show the VAC ban in their API, which is separate from the cheater's Steam profile page. We display exactly what we receive from the API, so if the VAC ban disappears from the API, it won't show up on the SteamRep profile anymore either.