1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Valve Done Goofed

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by AlexWolfybutt, Sep 18, 2016.

1. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:185795087
    Hello everyone, I figured I'd share something interesting with you all. This will be useful to know because this goof will increase the number of people trying the whole Steam Developer Badge scam routine even more.

Anyway...

Recently a bug on Valve's end that is not by any means completely fixed caused a lot of accounts to gain access to both the SteamworksDevelopers private group and the Steam Developer badge. Valve has only fixed two parts of the issue... They fixed the issue where anyone accepting the NDA would receive both access and the badge. The other issue they fixed was the accounts who got this unfair access can no longer add additional users to the program. The problem remains tho for a good few thosand accounts that accepted the NDA in the past are in the program and it has not yet been fixed so you may see that alot of people have the badge and access that shouldn't.

Remember Steam Developer Badge is not equal to employee and employees will have the employee title on SteamREP.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Incorrect, the Steam Developer Badge is NOT used by SR to determine if one would get a Valve Employee title on SR. That badge is simply not indicative for being a Valve employee.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    I think thats what he said.:p
  4. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    Try re-reading Silent. Not equal to means is not equivalent. You literally made a fool of yourself and reworded what I said and said I was wrong even though what you said is literally what I just got done saying.
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    How dare anyone make a small mistake, right?

EDIT: statement still stands.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    It's not small when they are completely oblivious to what was said and try to correct a mistake that's not there.
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Wish you'd tell me who you are, it's okay, you can trust me.
  8. AlexWolfybutt

AlexWolfybutt New User

Steam:
    I would appreciate it if you didn't treat me as if I have something to hide. My current main is in the hands of Support. I wiped my handheld when it went out of service and am currently waiting for them to remove the mobile auth from the account.
  9. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    @AlexWolfybutt Maybe you shouldn't be so ignorant. SilentReaper is an Administrator, you should respect him. Administrators are people too after all and people make mistakes, that makes us human. He might've read your thread in a rush, thus meaning he might've skipped a few words.
  10. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    My bad, you claim your account is a "Testing Account." so I assumed it was what you said it was.