1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

valve+steamrep?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [G²] Scatman, Feb 5, 2014.

1. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    I understand SteamRep and Valve are not associated in any way, but why? It would be so helpful to users when they open a trade if it said they have a pending scam report/banned/caution on SR.
    Is it b/c valve doesn't want to and runs their own investigative service?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Many different legal and privacy issues (too many to get into) Also SR is very specific in what we do (scamming related) while steam support deals with all types of user tickets.
  3. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    have you guys ever tried or is it much too complicated?
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    It would not be possible due to the different aspects of what type of work we do and how SR is currently set up and what sources we pull info from, most of that Valve cannot use. Real world money trading is technically against their ToS tho they dont exactly enforce it, that is basically step 1 of about 50 for anything like that to happen. I cant say more then any "partnership" is not possible due to all the hoops involved and a simple alternative that they would avoid such issues with altogether.

They are other non direct ways we do assist currently (reporting exploits/scam trends/other stuff) Even without access to everything we could ever dream of that Valve has in terms of tools, I still think we are as good as steam support in terms of identifying/flagging cash trading related scam issues, but that's all SR can do, identify and flag them and nothing more, the rest is up to the trading community to decide how to respond to it or Valve taking action themselves (always report scams to steam support)