1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Vatican City

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by DrKnuckles, Aug 30, 2014.

1. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58073
    Salmon, my reply to you is as follows:
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Have you considered that 2 people may have independently arrived at the same conclusion? The trade history is visible for all to see, as well as his Outpost ban. It's within our right to ask about this ban of yours, which very much looks like retaliation to me. It's also within your right to decline to answer, just like it's within our right to decline your application if we feel you're intimidating users against speaking out against your staff for shady or fraudulent dealings. 1990's Cartoons may very well have had a vendetta against your staff; many people with vendettas do in fact dig into a trader's past to report them here, but we weigh their reports on evidence and facts, not their motives. His having a vendetta doesn't make banning him in retaliation appropriate as far as we are concerned. Had he been banned simply for harassing staff, nobody would've cared, but your ban clearly states it's for reporting him to us. You may notice a lot of overly critical posts about SteamRep in our discussion board, as well as Reddit (where Mattie is a moderator) and other places. You'll also notice that they are seldom banned, and when they are banned it's after a long time, with a clear explanation. We are very careful not to ban anyone in retaliation for "speaking out", or in any case which could be perceived as retaliation whether or not it actually is. In particular, any reports of fraud against our staff, or partner staff, or anyone with a tag, are taken very seriously no matter who they come from.
    Whether he was right or not, if he felt you were retaliating against him or abusive, I think it's reasonable to expect someone to look elseware in the community for support. Maybe he would have been better off appealing, but looking at this from his own perspective - having reported one of your staff for fraud not knowing it was handled on a partner community he may not have even been fully aware existed, only to get banned from a server cluster for speaking out against fraud - can you understand why he, or really any trader, might be compelled to respond in that manner? That's the kind of intimidation we're trying to avoid from our affiliates, and in my opinion it never should have reached that point.

Please do not claim to speak on behalf of SteamRep or our partner communities. We have more than enough drama in this application as it is, and I'm trying to keep this as respectful and non-confrontational as possible. Reports cannot be "withdrawn" by the reporter; FoG chose to archive the report when they were fully within their right to accept it. Archived reports are effectively declined, but can in rare cases be pulled back and looked at in the future. Generally speaking, the same offense can only be reported to a single community; if an offense is reported to both SR and FoG, and one location accepts it, then the other report should be set to invalid as it's a duplicate. Things do occasionally slip through the cracks in that regard, and Sjru's comment about the report being "considered void" is not correct in regards to accepting the report here. We generally honor partner communities' decisions to issue tags or not (barring differences in investigative policy such as spycrabs or fakerep), but we reserve the right to overturn a case and issue our own tag (or remove theirs) in very rare circumstances, usually after consulting with the partner community admins. Since FoG already looked at the same case, I had to make a judgement on whether to effectively overturn FoG's decision or honor their decision not to tag, weighing in precedent for either course of action as well as overall risk to the community.
    Last I checked, Cobalt wasn't on Harpoon Gaming's staff any more than he's on staff here. Irrelevant to the application though.
    Roudydogg1, Hitman Sparky and Enstage like this.
  3. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    I have not once, EVER, done anything to ANYONE that reported a staff member. I remove anyone from staff that gets marked a scammer, and typically a caution as well.

You said it yourself, sometimes people on a vendetta dig way back etc.... Then how did he miss the FoG report? I don't believe he did, and I believe for whatever reason he does not like Spicy, and is going to any length to ruin his reputation, even having seen the report was declined already. I think he was betting on this one "falling through the cracks" and hoping for the best, which would be a tag on Spicy. Not only do I consider this behavior harassment, I find it disgusting.

Do not presume to know what is in my head. I told you why I banned him and that is the truth. If you consider it something other than what I say it is, then you need to either get past it or deny the application. I will not be called a liar by you any or anyone else any longer. My comments on sourcebans are not any kind of "end all be all" they are just so I can remember who is who in my own way. If you hold me to what comments say in sourcebans then you can assume everyone I banned with lmaobox is also a homosexual or any swear word you can think of, or sometimes both at once.

I don't know who Cobalt is, as I already stated, I only assumed with the hg tag. Regardless, I still have no idea if him and 1990s are the same person, or friends, or don't know each other at all. It doesn't matter as the outcome is the same. 1990s is permanently banned and nothing in this application is going to change that. Again, move past it or deny the application.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I am not a member of the Harpoon Gaming staff, nor do I have a green tag on my SR profile. Next, I do not know who 1990's is, I have never had any contact with the user as far as I know. My report on Fortress of Gamers was created based on a conclusion I reached myself, not through any vendetta I'm accused of. The report I made I asked for archival, while the staff were in full right to continue investigation.
    Monkey 2 and Roudydogg1 like this.
  5. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Cobalt, I never accused you of anything. Your report was the only report I find valid, as well as not actionable.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    I would say otherwise, as already pointed out by others. I'm simply stating here for the record, and to clear the air somewhat, that I am not friends or affiliated with the submitter of the mentioned SR report. I arrived independently of my own will at the same conclusion. Not through any other means.
  7. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Yeah cool, you already said that. You statements have no effect on my decision to ban him. Nothing you could have said would have any effect on my opinion of what happened, and that opinion is the only opinion that matters.
  8. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    I'm not contesting any part of this application, I'm only speaking on my affiliation. You are being confrontational, rude, and inconsiderate towards me for no reason.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    If you perceive my statements as rude, confrontational, and inconsiderate then get off my application. You have added nothing to it. I would describe your comments to me similarly, by the way.
  10. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    My point was that you are in a substantial position of influence within said community, one that is currently applying to exchange banners with and represent SR. I'm unsure if this level of unprofessional conduct is appropriate for the aforementioned position and community as a whole. Not simply this application, but considering other points raised by others previously.

I've made my point, I've been trying to keep this polite and professional as possible. I would only ask that you attempt to do the same.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Thank you for adding more uselessness.
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Just ignore cobalt, he's a 15 year old kid who is an ex-marked scammer and seems to think he's become something useful. In reality he just gets on everyone's nerves for his ignorance and incredibly impressive ability to waste other's time. He almost never offers anything relevant or helpful. I'd call him a spammer but that might be too kind.
  13. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Haha well im not here to talk crap about people. I don't mind him clearing up a tiny portion of this but it wouldn't matter if he knew 1990s or not the outcome is still the same.
  14. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    Calling someone an ex-marked scammer as an insult doesn't have as much weight when you just had your caution tag removed a month ago. (And you yourself were marked as a scammer for a period of time).

Besides though, there's really no need to start insulting someone just 'cause you don't like 'em.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    I would just like to point out this is a community application and I would appreciate if you guys keep your opinions to yourselves. Ill be happy to start another thread where we can all insult each other for the next month but please stay out of this. The only people that should be replying are preferably some other SR admin and myself.
    ForteSP likes this.
  16. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Lmao, well you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Please find me a date where I was marked as a scammer (aside from the the week from August 29-September 7th, 2012 which is when I got hijacked and asked HelenAngel and CanadianInvasion to note my account as hijacked because my items were being laundered). I would be impressed if you could, because such a time never occurred.

Also a caution is leagues different from a tag. He committed a scam and only paid back after being tagged. that's an irrefutable fact.
  17. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Seriously? Take it elsewhere please.
  18. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    If you have a valid comment related to this community's application, then feel free to post it. Otherwise, please refrain from posting/derailing this application further.

Thank you.
  19. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    Update on my bots, I put in a request to my coder to have them check SR API before trading. As I said before, I had never even considered how they could spread AIDS around my community.
  20. DrKnuckles

DrKnuckles New User

Steam:
    And done. Bots will no longer trade caution/scammer marked accounts.
    DAFISH#got scammed D: and Salmon like this.