1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Verify CS:GO items?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Oppan Kim Jong Style, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Oppan Kim Jong Style

Oppan Kim Jong Style New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40494677
    Hello Guys :)
    First of all: I'm pretty new to trading.
    I just got a trade offer for my cs:go knife, but the guy wants to "verify my knife" first thorugh a valve representative (that it's not stolen or something)
    I never heard of "verifying csgo items" before ... how can I do that? Is it even possible?
    Hope you guys can help me.

Greetings from the great leader of North Korea
  2. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Do not trade this guy, he is trying to steal your stuff. Valve employees typically do NOT get involved with trades.

It's a bit of a read, but this could help: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/safe-trading-practices-extended.119029/

I'll highlight a bit for you:

Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Stop dealing with ONLY trade offers...you need to communicate with the other person. If they refuse to add you and discuss the trade then its likely not worth the risk. If you were to make a report later down the road its very very difficult to prove a scam without the chat agreement or discussion you had with the other person verifying all the other points. What I've seen lately is someone posts a trade offer some where for whatever special deal they got going on. The trade offer goes to something else or the items are not in that users pack (maybe in a mule account or alt account). We can't verify that, its very possible as even I store things in other accounts and that does not verify intent to scam. If you accept the trade offer you are given multiple times to confirm so it is completely up to you to verify exactly what you are trading for well in advance and to do this its always best to do a regular trade 1 for 1 while discussing it completely and even have the other user say it in the chat too.

I'm speaking for myself here too on avoiding trade offers.. I dislike them, too impersonal and way too quick sometimes to get a trade right.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Snowfight44

Snowfight44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59656651
    don't do it.
  5. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Anyone who claims that he or someone or Valve Employee or whoever needs to verify the item via trading is a scammer.
    Edward. and You Are The One like this.
  6. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:186770387
    This is a scam... I got scammed by this method today. :(:(:(:(:(
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No need to say this and bump this rather old thread - You can make a report if you have evidence to support it but otherwise lesson learned.
  8. shredd [GER]

shredd [GER] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:87534595
    Don't do it!
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Why necro this thread with just that comment?
    In fact I'll go ahead and lock it since I believe its run its course.