1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What can re-trigger a trade ban?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by surprise, Sep 14, 2015.

1. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72999479
    Hi, a few months ago I was falsely trade banned, and after a month my ban was lifted, and I was set on trade probation.

I contiuned trading, I made about 16 trades (including trade with friends, and with bots).
    On the 12th of September, I got banned again... My latest trade was on the 11th of september.

I suspect that people reported me for not accepting their lowball offers, and since I was on probation it triggered the ban again.

invhistory12.jpg

So, what do you guys think, what did trigger this ban?

Thanks for your asnwer in advance :)

Regards,

Surprise
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Absolutely no way we can know. Double check the Steam ToS and other related documents to see what you violated.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    People have reported you on Steam Support and there is no way for us to know, make a steam support ticket. Keep in mind, if your text is too long, they wont read it, only the first "click" they make will be their assumption on what they will click to give you a automated reply. They have less then a minute per ticket, and they don't read your text even for that long. The length of this reply is about as long as you should make it. Spamming it won't help.
    surprise, Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  4. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    The problem is, I did not violate anything. After my first ban I read the steam trading policy ("Your trading privileges have been permanently suspended for violations of the Steam Trading Policy.") I did nothing against it.

Thank you for the info about the text lenght.

I experienced that spamming actually helps. When I got my first ban, they replied after a month for my ticket, and ofc they said: "This issue is not up for further discussion. We will not be able to assist you further with this issue."

So I started spamming them, I made multiple tickets(some automatically attached itself to an existing one), and a few weeks later helped me.

The thing is I am afraid that they won't investigate this case, since I was trade banned before..
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You don't have to violate anything -that is the bad part about their whole system. People can report your profile cause they dislike your name or just figured why not. They don't care as this system is automatic, automatic as in they are quick to react even if they trade ban the innocent to get the majority of bad apples. Spamming them won't help so if you got results it was cause you prob pissed someone off and they flagged you.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    First off trade bans are not automatic. Every trade ban is placed by an employee. The only thing that is automatic is the flag in the trade window saying you have been reported for fraudulent activities.

Second being reported a lot won't get you banned if there isn't a anything to back up the report. If you are reported for scamming by 500 people and they see you have not traded any of them. They will ignore those reports.

System isn't that flawed, but instead it is people's understanding of how it actually works is what is flawed.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    says the guy with a pending report against him...
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Horse and Penguin The Fluffy like this.
  8. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    I know that trade bans are placed manually. The problem is, that those employees don't do their jobs well, they investigate cases superficially. My first trade ban was inappropriate, just like this recent one.

One thing for sure, if I get unbanned, I'll won't use this account for trading.
  9. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    They do their job well, just some slip here and there. Usually if a ban was placed in error they don't do a trade probation they remove the ban all together. Which is odd that a probation was put as an error. Trust me I should know better than anyone that they slip, I have been trade banned 4 times now.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    And all 4 times they where removed in couple days. (people report him instead of the impersonators he has)
  11. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    You were banned 4 times, I got 2 bans in a row, I think it is a bit more than "some slip here and there".

They replied to my first ticket a month after the ban, and they said, that they can't, and won't help me. I kept complainig, that this is totally unfair against the customer etc etc, and finally, the same guy who said they won't help me wrote that my ban has been reduced for 2 weeks.... They did not even apologize.

I doubt that my ban will be removed "in couple of days".
  12. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    Actually every ban of mine was removed the same day. And my last two bans were back to back.

I am sorry I think there is more here than is let on. Because they do apologize for their mistakes when made, sounds like they had a justified reason and you do not agree with their reasoning. Just a guess. Feel free to flame me for being so wrong and you are the saint of honest trading, but I don't think I am wrong here.
  13. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    Don't get me wrong, I don't flame you.
    You had great experience with the support, unlike me.

They would not lift my first ban I if commited scam. So they knew I was innocent, yet they did not apoligize. http://prntscr.com/8gpo4y
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nobody said it was perfect....nothing really is but Valve and their nuke first and ask questions policy has always been there. Just ask communities that get everything ripped from them without going after the few bad apples when it comes to server administration. Sorry, but I don't trust them one bit or buy any of their excuses to make themselves look the super star QB.

Cold.... but funny! Poor fluffy. :p
  15. Penguin The Fluffy

Steam:
    Actually there are many cases where they take bans and reduce them on scammers or assistance to scammers. Not common but they do.
  16. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    Sure, but I did not commited any scam attempt.

Support answered(suprisingly fast): http://prntscr.com/8gt0b0

This is a joke... I'm starting to hate steam.
  17. surprise

surprise New User

Steam:
    "As you have continued to attempt to scam other users" I mean wtf?! If they were actually look at my sent trade offers, added friends etc, they'd see that this is bullsh*t.
  18. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

☠Crⓔⓔp☠ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:101118723
    Had previous ban year ago, it wasn't permanent, it's because I was sharking.
  19. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Had? better check your profile again. And just sharking? haha; funny guy.
  20. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    never go full retar*d
    Enstage and Roudydogg1 like this.