1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What does a Pending Reports tag mean?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Master Blaster ©, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Master Blaster ©

Master Blaster © New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13525716
    I have read the STEAM FAQ and under the section What do the various tags mean? there is no mention of a Pending Reports tag. I have also read the extended FAQ and found no mention of the Pending Reports tag there either.

By not expounding on the Pending Reports tag you expose a grey area for traders and those, who for their own nefarious reasons, submit reports on traders who have traded with someone with a pending reports tag.

I know the answer is sort or self-implied but I am looking for a DOCUMENTED definition of this tag. I don't want to self imply the meaning in order to avoid constructing a subjective definition.

As a trader I try to exercise a certain level of acumen and having documented policies in place make it all that much easier and help me to avoid falling into a grey-area.

Do you think this is something that we can have updated in either the FAQ or extended FAQ?
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    "Pending reports" was created after the writing of all that. Also, we're are still figuring out what exactly we will set out in policy around it. But by the looks of it, it will be something around that people will have to check these pending reports themselves to gauge if these hold true claim of scamming or not.

With the backlog SR has in handling the reports... we'd advice not to trade with them at the moment, but as these reports aren't reviewed we generally will not set the same policy like with the "trading with a scammer" rule. It is however alongside with Outpost bans not propogated to SR, debatable for admin's higher standards etc. We're still trying to find a good balance for it.
  3. Master Blaster ©

Master Blaster © New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13525716
    thanks that helps..