1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What happened to rawr trading club

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Frost-Seupoj, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frost-Seupoj

Frost-Seupoj New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29854057
    Where did that trading club go and i don't see people banned from rawr now also
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Hitman Sparky and Melkor like this.
  3. Frost-Seupoj

Frost-Seupoj New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29854057
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Ehm, not correct.

Deli (owner of Rawr) had first plans to pass it on to his head admin. This was in preparation phase when Deli decided to pull the plug on RAWR, and shut down all TF2 servers and web services on it.

PyroProtectMe is a community which RAWR had disagreements with (no idea what, but RAWR had banned all their admins). They contacted the server renter for the server IP's of RAWR, and rented some servers with the former IP's of the RAWR servers.

PPM now "fakes" cooperation with RAWR, and try to be "legit" with it. Hence PPM didn't get tags, or that RAWR Admin tags do now not exist anymore. RAWR Scammer tags are now under administration of SteamRep.

TLDR: RAWR is gone, PPM fakes being "merged" with RAWR.
  5. Torgue

Torgue New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41670677
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Please let me set the record straight on this subject. I took over ownership from deli,I unbanned everyone that deli had ever banned.That pissed him off.At that point deli contacted gameservers.com and acted like he lost his password and took control of the servers one night. then he changed all passwords and closed the website.The next day he closed the servers.I am close friends with pyroprotectme,i contacted him and told him that the servers are now closed and he needs to try and aquire the ip address from the rawr servers. We worked together for 3 days getting everything back up and going for the rawr servers.Pyro backed up and gave everyone donator that had paid for it.Deli took everyone's money and ran,mine included.I am the designer of the atrium map for rawr,i had been head admin for rawr almost 2 years.Deli couldnt pay the bills,I had been paying the bills for rawr for the last year off and on. So for anyone to say Pyro is piggybacking off of Deli is sadly wrong. I am the one that got pyro to take over the servers and he stepped up and did just that. so that Deli never gets any credit for the map i have totaly edited the maps and taken everything that had to do with rawr off. I also contacted Bluedemon and ask him to take all rawr tags away from all admin for rawr,Including my own.Rawr is gone,Deli is gone.Glad that i wont ever have to deal with him again.I am now senoir admin,mapper with ppm servers and it is much more relaxed atmosphere.If anyone has any other questions please feel free to add me on steam.ill be more than glad to tell anyone the full story.
    D2Girls and PyroProtectMe like this.
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I'm afraid I don't officially recognize this merger/affiliation/whatever between PPM and what used to be RAWR, and I'm sure SteamRep will not recognize it either.
    ForteSP likes this.
  8. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5201122
    Greetings everyone,
    Thank you Sivartz for bringing some facts to light.
    I think a few things should be clear here and you hear it from me. Everything Sivartz posted above is accurate. Simply put Deli shut the servers down and abandoned the RAWR community. Why? You'll have to ask Deli, I don't care to speculate. What I did was acquire the IP's as they became "publicly available" for anyone to get. It has never been said by myself or any PPM Staff member that RAWR merged or is cooperation with RAWR. As soon as I made the acquisition of the abandoned RAWR IP's I made the simple facts public. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PyroProtectMeTradeServer/discussions/0/846959998126825218/ (this information was posted by me shortly after I acquired the IP's on July 28, 2013 at 8pm EST.). So whatever anyone speculated on what happened should ask Deli, Sivarts or myself for the facts that we can provide.

Sivartz and I worked closely and for long hours to get all the servers back up and get all the people who donated their time back. About 72 hours to get things 90% restored.
    Deli shut down the entire backend of the community with no warning. Steam Group, Forums, Donator Database, Banned Player Database, Game ME player stats, all abandoned with no warning or notification.

After I acquired the IP's Bluedemon reached out to me and he informed me the RAWR affiliation with SR would not pass to PPM, I understood and agreed with it wholeheartedly, fell free to ask BD himself about our conversation. My intentions are not nor were they ever to keep the RAWR name, the smart thing is to gradually make a transition. There is a huge community that Deli, Sivartz and the RAWR staff built. I did not want to erase it in one day, but the fact is Deli is gone, and RAWR is gone. A vast majority of the true traders and loyal community remain. We can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, this is not practical, but I can continue to do my best.

As for PPM, we already had a strong community, 4 servers and over 200 active donators and a combined steam group community of appx. 2700 members (PPM 1400+ and TF2Lotto 1300+), all within a 9 month period. With the RAWR acquisition there were appx. 70-80 donators added from a salvaged RAWR donator list. To date we have appx 300 active donators and on average 1500+ unique visitors (Steam ID's) to the servers daily, all this information is transparent, nothing is hidden. I have personally developed the ultimate resource for the PPM community at http://ppm.tf There are so many innovative things happening and that are in-the-works at PPM and I don't plan to slow down.

Feel free to comment on this SR thread or my Steam Group thread http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PyroProtectMeTradeServer/discussions/0/846959998126825218/ if you have any questions for me.

Thank you for hearing me out and good luck to you,
    pyro
    D2Girls likes this.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hmm, seems even I was not entirely correct.

Why keep having the RAWR in the servernames then?

I can understand the takeover of the server IP's etc, but the combination with the RAWR name in them was not sitting right.

SIVARTZ , I've removed the "rawr" part of your forum name for the comm is gone. I wont add "PPM" for we arent really here to "advertize" communities.
  10. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5201122
    Well my thinking is simple. It is safe to say the many previous server visitors and community members are use to finding RAWR on their server list, it can take time and they all may need time to get use to the transition. If you would take only a couple minutes to jump in any of the former RAWR server IP's They are completely re-branded. Not anywhere am I pretending to be RAWR. If you would visit the PPM.tf website, its all PPM, nothing is RAWR. My approach is a more patient approach to the former RAWR community and let them gradually see and adapt to any changes, etc. I honestly felt the RAWR community was left behind by Deli and there's no reason for me to just flip the switch the very next day.

Even the top FAQ at http://ppm.tf/faq.php gives a little bit of history about me and PPM if you care to read it.

pyro
  11. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    had a question, and don't know where else to put it... but how come ppm isn't recognized by steamrep?
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Tags normally stay on a "owner" (Deli in this case). They do not come with a IP address of a server that a comm no longer uses, but another comm has hired.
  13. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    if you were responding to me not sure what you're answering... but like, i'm wondering why pyroprotectme doesn't have any official community admin text over here on the forums and such already. i thought ppm was very well established of a trading community, so its just a surprise to me to see he's not already labelled as such, regardless of this rawr thing or not.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Only Affiliate and Associate admins get a community admin tag here on the forum. If they do not apply or where not accepted (yet) as such, they would not get this till such a time.
  15. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
  16. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

Quite honestly, it seems like your recollection pretty much matches what was said

With all due respect, if the Owner of a community ends that community. It's done, and to say it "merged" or that the servers are "RAWR and PPM" would be false. No disrespect intended, but RAWR died, then PPM picked up all the IPs and used the name RAWR in their names.

It seems more like RAWR disbanded, PPM then got ahold of its servers, map and some staff.

This thread is talking about it's disbanding. There's no update necessary.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.