1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What is the threshold to consider a SR lookup?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by a tasty serving of, May 15, 2012.

1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I am a heavy trader. If you're on tf2tp, tf2outpost or one of the many trading servers, you'll probably see me buying or selling something. I buy things at all price ranges and was wondering at what price level do I have to consult SR in order to ensure I'm not trading with a known scammer?

I always check when buying or selling an unusual or promos but I was wondering, what about when I'm buying/selling a strange machina or some scout socks or lower? What about small cash transactions? I tried reading around the site but it isn't anything explicit so I figured I'd ask here.

Lastly, about my last post, I was just being playful. My good friend who I usually say inane things to hasn't been on and I posted while I was a bit groggy. Anyways, I'll try to not post anymore trollerific threads anymore. Sorry bout that.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Good practice is to look for every trade you do. We wont force you to but it's a good habit to get into, not just because we could mark you for multiple trades but for your own safety.

Every time someone is in a trade window with me, I copy their steam URL and paste it into SR, it's really not that hard and takes around ~10 seconds, even if the guy is scrap banking.

Remember, it's not the amount that's the point, it's your safety and we don't want scammers profiting from their dirty deeds.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    we keep a limit of buds or higher and/or any unusual or paypal trades for the "trading with a scammer" offense. But as Chaos said, its a good habit to just check everybody.