1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What should I do? (Possible Steam Trading Glitch)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Kwoff, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Kwoff

Kwoff New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:80453368
    Sorry for long post, but I'm pretty concerned about my account and reputation, as well as a probable Steam glitch.
    I'm providing as much info as I can, so I can get this sorted out.

I believe Steam Trading may be somewhat glitched for me, and I'm worried about getting tagged or something.
    What happened is: Some guy added me wanting to trade 1 key plus some sweets for my Hypnotic Deagle. I said no as the offer was somewhat low. (The guy's name was Sam with the typical fedora tip picture) He proceeded to add several TF2 weapons and trading cards which brought it to a few cents over the market price of my Deagle. I was debating the trade, as I have already taken a significant loss after being scammed out of my M4A4 Radiation Hazard this week. I readied up, as i figured I would help the guy out. But after 30 seconds or so there was still the "waiting for other person to accept" screen. I canceled the trade as I figured something had gone wrong. I realized I didn't want the trade, and I had made up my mind. Also, a few hours earlier I had made a trade for my Glock Water Elemental (plus an m4) The following day I received a trade offer for the same Glock, which I thought i had traded. I checked my inventory only to see the glock still there, which confused me. I checked the other guy's backpack, and he had my glock and M4, as well as his items. I looked through my inventory further, and found the TF2 key that Sam had traded me, as well as some of his trading cards. My Deagle was there as well.

So can anybody give me some advice on how to go about this? I'm worried that Sam didn't receive my glock and may have reported me, I'd like to return his items, but I don't know if he received a duplicate of my Deagle or what.
    Any advice?
  2. Kwoff

Kwoff New User

Steam:
    Update: Sam does have a Hypno Deagle, it appears as I may have somehow duplicated it. However, I still don't have the P90 Asiimov I intended to trade my Glock + m4 for, but the other guy does have mine. I'm pretty sure I can work with him, as we talked for awhile and he seems pretty cool
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I suggest contacting Steam Support if you have questions regarding how that is functioning as SteamRep can not help you in that regard.

As for tagging well that is something that would be looked at if it came about ...basically cross that bridge when you come to it.
  4. Kwoff

Kwoff New User

Steam:
    I will submit a report, as it looks like some bizarre duplication glitch.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Can you give the ID block of the person you traded please?
  6. Drunken F00l

Drunken F00l Valve Employee

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4096872
    On your first trade of your Factory New Water Elemental Glock-18, you received a Minimal Wear Water Elemental Glock-18. This is where the second Glock came from.
  7. Drunken F00l

Drunken F00l Valve Employee

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4096872
    Alright, I may have misunderstood. You traded that one away too and are saying you still saw it in your inventory afterwards. This was probably just a caching problem. It wasn't actually still there.
  8. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    This is an issue that has happened to me pretty frequently over the past few months (sometimes multiple times per day) I have sometimes been sent trade offers for items that I no longer own but they still show up in my inventory along with newly acquired items going missing, opening the CS:GO client seems to consistently fix the problem and updates your inventory to the state that it should be in. Oddly enough when Steam is showing an older/rolled back inventory state external backpack viewers show the inventory correctly.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Seems that is sorted out :)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**