1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What you think about this guy? Scammer? "Safe" to trade with?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by I-MrFixIt-I, May 12, 2016.

1. I-MrFixIt-I

I-MrFixIt-I New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81629882
    Hello together,
    I want to sell a item for real cash, but since this is my first trade and I'm in generel completly unsure, I'm not sure whether I should trade with this guy or not.

His profile: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198009129044

He wants that I go first. After I send him the offer he would send me the money via PayPal - Family and Friends.... So his words.
    All in all his profile looks legit to me. Comments on profile: fine, Steamrep: fine, Steamgames: fine

Now it's to you guys, would you trade with this guy? Oh and, would you maybe choose another Payment method?

Thx in advance :)

Sincerely,
    MrFixIt
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    His profile and comments doesn't matter, however you can use a middleman if you fell unsafe
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    He is not tagged thru steamrep....but even if he was the choice is yours so long as they are not trade banned by Valve.
    The idea here is to give you the information either none or something so you can make your own choice.
    SR or anyone here isn't going to tell you GO FOR IT - then something would happen and we be liable.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Inu likes this.
  4. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    While he does look "fairly" legit, I would be wary of the amount you trade with him. Profile rep does not matter as it is easy to manipulate but I know that CS:GO trading is a little different when it comes to this.

Here are some facts

If I personally were to deal with him, I would be very careful and would mainly commit to small transactions. 90% of his rep is Steam Profile rep, which is easy to forge and manipulate. Just my 2cents.
    I-MrFixIt-I likes this.
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @I-MrFixIt-I

I would advise you NOT to trade with that person, for your own safety use an official middleman and read the important and pre-trade SteamRep guides again. Even if you actually get the payment on PayPal the "buyer" can still chargeback the money so you are not 100% safe even if you complete the transaction via PayPal.
    Remember, Steam is not restoring stolen items anymore as of March 9th, 2016 so basically nobody can help you to recover any stolen items.

Notes:
    His only reputation in CSGORep is from the individual user that added you before and that user has 2 Evidence Provided reports against him.

My 2 cents on this one.
    I-MrFixIt-I likes this.
  6. I-MrFixIt-I

I-MrFixIt-I New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81629882
    ok big thank guys :)
    I just decided to not trade. Why? Because @Inu and @Edvin048 showed me the thing with the rep. As Edvin048 wrote, the other guy added me before and he also tried to trade with me (and I think that the other guy is a scammer, definetly, so yeah. Thx guys :))
  7. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Scammer for sure.

One of his "rep" is from http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198112678224 (a tagged scammer)

Most likely his alt.

I have never seen anyone who has the whole "super fancy description box" who wasn't a scammer.

Also, anyone who has a ton of steam profile rep and almost no csgoreports rep is likely a scammer.
    I-MrFixIt-I likes this.
  8. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I-MrFixIt-I likes this.