1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What's the deal behind this?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Roudydogg1, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  2. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    Most likely so it's very easy to see/track for admins, but then again...
    ...not sure why it's not hidden for everyone BUT admins
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    I just assumed that naturally it was a large infraction, however seeing as all the websites to offenses have now been closed (UTC no longer existing, ect) I really couldn't see the reasoning for the public display of information.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    we in some rare cases give more information for a scammer was really doing bad stuff. as for the "closed" websites...
    Rawr is indeed taken down
    UTC/UHC is also, but those bans can be found on MCT, for they moved over to there.
    SOP still exist afaik.

so if you do a little effort on searching, you could prolly turn up the ban on MCT and/or the topic/posts on SOP.
  5. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Reason was "cfg_import" which I see a lot on our own sourcebans from when it was newly ued.

Thanks though!
  6. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Most of the time those profiles with emails and other personal information displayed appear because the scammer either massively f✿✿✿ed with someones paypal (Large chargeback for example) or something else very serious. The information is there as an identifier for you to check. If someone gives you an email address you can google search it and it'll come up. Honestly I've managed to avoid so many issues by asking for someones email before they send the money. These checks take a few seconds but can save you hundreds/thousands.

If someone adds you and something like this comes up when you search SR, run the hell away.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Why exactly would a link to someone's Facebook account help with any of what you just said. Also the thing is, people can just make new email accounts, so it wouldn't necessarily help much.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  9. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Awesome, thanks for the great answer - just what I was wondering :)