1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Whats the point of the rep system? Other than to ban people.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ׺°”˜`”°º× sσн ׺°”˜`”°º×, Feb 4, 2014.

1. I was just wondering...

When ever I put up a trade on dota2lounge some random winky decides hey lets -rep this guy and for what reason? Just because he does not like my price or they just feel like it...

Now I have -8 rep, I have gotten -5 rep in 3 days and I have not offered on anyone else's trades.. This is from users -rep'ing me on my own trades. I do not reply to users. As it says in my description "add me if you agree".

Now wouldn't it be better if users could not -rep people on their own trades. As it is their trade and it really has nothing to do with them, unless they agree with the price and they want to trade.

Is -rep not for users that abuse the system and not for the users, that have done nothing wrong.

Now getting to to the point... How are users getting away with all the -rep abuse ??
    Do the admins or mods not read the reason for the -rep or +rep.. Also they could put any reason in there, because there is no way to get proof that they are telling the truth.

Now is there a way that I can check who has de-rep'd me and why?
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    I think those questions should be addressed to D2L.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    well, if those +/- reps are that arbitrary, then that tells about their worth a lot I guess.
  4. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36765938
    D2L's system is quite bs actually. Tons of people giving chests/commons for rep.
    And don't forget what a scammer infested hole d2l was back then, you scammed? No problem just donate 1 EU and you can keep using the site.