1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why buy scammer's item should be banned?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by =NT=Plus+, Nov 22, 2014.

1. =NT=Plus+

=NT=Plus+ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56088610
    Just like what i say in the title, why people can't buy scammer's item? just because they scammed it? the buyer pay the price for the item, why they should got banned? just like what i did, there is a unusual i really want, but it only 2 on the world, 1 is in a richest guy in tf2's inventory, i know he/she wont sell it to me, but the other one is in a scammer's inventory, will i got banned by buying his item? but there's only 2 on this world, what should i do? i only can buy it from that "scammer" i bought it today, and people are saying i should got banned, how? and why?

peace
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    By trading with scammers you encourage their scamming behavior, for they can cash out their scammed goods. By that, you become a fence for those same stolen goods. Its THAT simple.

Also, think it also as a risk, scammers get reported by their victims to Valve, while its getting a bit more rare due to the huge numbers, Valve does occasionally delete scammed items from the scammers backpacks, or further down the chain. So if you buy stolen goods, you run the risk that when the victims report, that those items get DELETED from your backpack.
  4. =NT=Plus+

Steam:
    so, its that ok i only do it once? cuz there's only 2 of the unusual i want on this world, i wont do that again
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No, since you know about the policy, and are knowingly dealing with a marked user, you would get a full banned tag.
  6. =NT=Plus+

Steam:
    but that guy dont have a banned tag, it says Unconfirmed Reports, am i gonna got banned?
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    look at the report(s) yourself and see if they have any validity to them (or link the user in question)
    Tho the fact that you are contemplating/considering knowingly dealing with such a user to begin with is troubling to say the least. And if hes not tagged yet, would it not just be easier to wait until the report(s) are cleared against him? then you would have no worries in terms of SR.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The one-time private warning thing is for newer traders who don't know how to tell if someone is a scammer alt or doesn't know about SteamRep and our policies. It's not a free trade-with-scammers-once pass.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Most of us are going to say the same thing about trading with known scammers or even with people with multiple reports: Don't.

Even if they have your "dream item", it isn't worth the risk to your account to go ahead with any sort of trade.
  10. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Wait til the report are cleared? Some reports are never cleared

There's a famous quote "Innocent til proven guilty" Should we assume every pending report is guilty, because he hasn't been proven to be so.

Next, he's not a scammer, and there is no rule against actually trading with Pending report users. (I personally wouldn't do it to keep my rep clean)

Lastly, trading with these types of users really screw up your rep. I'm not saying my opinion on if you should be marked or not as well, BUT it's really screwed up that we're suppose to assume someone's guilty of being a scammer when there could be false evidence or some small detail that show there is a mixup.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    @gukingofheart please re-read the first line of the post you quoted.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Torgue

Torgue New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41670677
    "why people can't buy scammer's item" - Why would you do business with a thief? Wouldn't that make you feel bad? Doing business with someone who steals from innocent people sure is a good idea... How about deal with honest traders and encourage them to remain honest, instead of taking deals from those who get their goods illegitimately. Safe and clean trading is the best kind.
  13. xCactus™

xCactus™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82182552
    Why? because sr is pretend policeo ffers of trading. That's why
  14. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    So... You don't want to know when someone has or may still be scamming items and selling them?

I'm thinking this thread has probably run it's course, we're getting into off topic attacks and not discussion.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Yeap, had its course, archiving.