1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why did my thread get deleted? Privacy Policy Related

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BigMac187, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    • Staff Note: Thread was archived, not deleted. Do not spam reposts.
    I posted a thread last night requesting some privacy policy information and it was simply deleted. Is deleting threads where questions are asked normal practice here?

My questions were along the lines of.

When will the privacy policy be released?
    How is information being collected and managed?
    Which communities are you gathering information from?
    Which communities are allowing access to your information?

A concern of mine is that you could not even visit SteamRep yet with the way they have set up partnerships they could have access to private information which is being shared from other communities (members of other communities admin on SteamRep) A larger concern I highlighted was one that I personally experienced. While I was banned on SteamRep my Nephew's account who is a minor had his account published on my SteamRep page, he was obviously considered to be my ALT which he wasn't. He then got added by different users and abused as if he was a scammer, I had then requested that his personal information be removed from this website yet this request was ignored which lead to him being abused by more people. By the Children's Online Privacy Act account information of minors should not be published https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rul...ings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule

By law it is also required that this website outlines how you are gathering private information and how they are managing that information. We are not talking about generals like IP Logs but your website requests screenshots of PayPal and Bank Details and in many cases these requests are to the accounts of minors.

I will be taking a screenshot of this thread and if answers regarding privacy aren't presented I'll be reporting this to the proper channels, I have enough evidence to highlight how this website is ignoring privacy laws and how innocent people have suffered by the existence of this non opt in website.

Please give a valid time frame on when a privacy policy will be updated and do your best to provide clarity on the above questions.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Upon threats or accusations of a legal nature, it's recommended procedure for our volunteers to cease further discussion on the topic without legal counsel. If you or your representative wishes to contact the organization to discuss this matter, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this forum or the contact form on the OFPF website.

Regards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.