1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why isn't this considered a scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Life of FoXz, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Life of FoXz

Life of FoXz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:152251746
    So, there are a lot of people out there trying to get you to send a trade offer to them but quickly swap the item in an attempt to make you send a trade offer for a cheaper item.

As the topic stated, why isn't this considered a scam? I tried to report it but got shot down by an admin.
    https://gyazo.com/9c822354601fe905fdef27fd533e7887

I think this needs to be considered a scam since, you know, it is a sort of scam.
  2. Life of FoXz

Life of FoXz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:152251746
    I should add that I tried to send proof of what they had in their inventory and what I sent in the first trade offer compared to what they swapped to later and what they later trade offer would have been.
  3. SquiggleZ

SquiggleZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:190878999
    It IS considered a scam, always has, always will, its just hard to do when there is a mobile/email authenticator. you must have not shown enough to clearly see that he quick-switched.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your screenshot is going to just show exactly what I stated and be out of context.
    What you have to understand is if YOU are sending the user a trade offer and then claim you can't find the item you agreed to trade for whatever reason that can't be proven a scam.
    For all we know the item was there and you just couldn't find it, over looked it or other reasons...your word against theirs.
    Typically in situations like this you must make sure you both state the complete agreement for the trade as in exact worded items/conditions/skins etc for most items just saying "AK" isn't going to cut it..you need to spell it out. Same applies for funds you must state which location IE: Paypal the funds are going, provide a valid address for the funds to go or HASH if BTC is used and so on.

If a user declines an offer for any reason they need to be the ones sending the new one so they can put in the correct items - they were the ones that claimed they declined it for something missing, wanting to add something or whatever so let them do it.

This is the report you are showing a out of context screenshot from for anyone wanting to know
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.177075/

As anyone can also see you provided two screenshots one of a declined offer and then one of just items in someones pack which means absolutely nothing.. whats in a pack can change at any time or be multiple pages in which you never showed so too much reasonable doubt to what the user had or didn't have is in question.

Lastly
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/