1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Will i get a marking if i trade this user?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BigMac187, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198064995767

It is said he is an alt of http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198013601746

There is no evidence that I can see that he is an alt so I am somewhat forced to take your word for it.

I have spoken to the user and he has said that his brother ran from a crab 4 years ago.

Even if he was an alt, it is said that they ran from a strange part Spy crab 4 years ago, and the evidence isn't really the best. It's mostly chat logs, which can be easily modified.

Just to add some more info.

- He has been banned as an alt for 4 year for a lowish SpyCrab run
    - There is no evidence to suggest that he was the person that did the run and only evidence that the same IP was shared
    - He is saying that it was his brother, there is no evidence that it wasn't his brother
    - Even if it was him, is a 4 year ban really warranted?
    - It seems like an invalid ban as from what i understand it's left for the admins on that server to deal with
    - He has a appeal which hasn't been actioned

He is after a dream item of his, my Ethical values tell me I should be able to let him own a dream item but due flaws in the SteamRep system (if indeed he was the brother) then a innocent person is highly being affected here and if he indeed was the runner (no evidence to suggest this) then he is being incorrectly / highly over punished.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. Under the current rules, you may receive a caution for *knowingly* traded with a marked trader, even after previously receiving a warning for it.

2. You are not this user. They are responsible for appealing, not you. That you disagree with their tag is irrelevant, and you posting here will not get their case reviewed.

3. In practice, trade-with-scammer reports on SR usually take a low priority and any such reports against you may not be reviewed before coming changes to the rule which may or may not happen within the next month.

4. Just because you do not see evidence he's an alt doesn't mean such evidence doesn't exist. We do not disclose methods of finding or researching alts.

The Bans on our site are meant as a warning, communities can maintain their site in any form and ban for whatever reason they see fit. SteamRep has no say in that and don't want to either. We're providing a service to the community as a whole, and anyone can use SteamRep's API to aid in such. (Disclaimer: in future for larger users may require an API key due abuse)

Trading with Scammers has had our attention for the last 4+ years due Scammers profiting from their stolen items or the traded items for those.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Registered).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.