1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Youtube Scam.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [ScrapBanking] Dec., Jul 27, 2012.

1. [ScrapBanking] Dec.

[ScrapBanking] Dec. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42085475
    Okay, this is a little warning to all traders. I would like to see people, help younger, people because this is the type of scam that get's people the easiest.

Scam Type: Youtube Scam.

Way You Do It: Okay, the way I know this is, because, me my self I tested this on some person, but I did not take the items, I told them when they were about to give me there item's, that it was a test to see if it would work. I have heard of this type of scam, in which someone goes on to some random TF2 trading server, and ask a simple question. What these people do is they listen for little kids in the server to talk then they ask them if they want to be in a youtube video. What happens, the kid will say yes because what kid does not want to be famous on youtube, am I right. They get the kid to go into a private chat then tell him what is going to happen. Kid's at this age will believe anything you say, and will usually not deny someone who sounds much older. So you tell them you are going to make a fake scam video with them giving items to the person, and expecting something back in return. What it mostly is, is some kid giving items to some random person and giving a fake reaction. Because this person will think, oh I am going to be famous on youtube NO WAY! So the kid gives the items to the person, and what do they do next, they remove the kid block him, and change there name about 50 times. Well kid's are not usually smart when coming to trading, so they will not do the things to avoid being scammed like the guide on the website. Like I said people need to be aware of this scam, and report anyone trying to do it to you, or someone else. I know I am new here, and all, but I have been on a few server's, and I heard older people asking younger kid's to be in youtube videos.

How I Found Out About This: Well what do you think some dumb scammer tell's people on a server how to do it. Also they target older people as well who sound like newb's to TF2. But remember if you here someone ask a kid that, tell the kid it is a scam and try to make him not do it. Also they will offer like a Bill's Hat to Key's, which will get people to do it they just say I will give you these item's after the video.

I hope this help's admins, and help's people stop scammer's from doing this type of stuff.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Those can report it, their trade history will show the trade and makes those accounts tracable if a scam happened. Also on servers the owners have server logs of who joined their servers, and can go thru them and find the guy.
  3. [ScrapBanking] Dec.

[ScrapBanking] Dec. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42085475
    Yeah, but for younger people that will be harder, because most younger player's do not know about steam rep, so I was just saying this to anyone who hear's someone say this in a server.
    Melkor likes this.