1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561197971816020 [Ch0De]EagleRock (TF2T Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by EagleRock, Dec 29, 2012.

1. EagleRock

EagleRock New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5775146
    Name: [Ch0De]EagleRock
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:5775146
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971816020
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EagleRock
    steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561197971816020

Hello SR Admins,

I would like to appeal the following Scammer judgment. The original request for ban on TF2T can be found here:

http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=4444.0

The appeal I made on TF2T is located here:

http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=21936

The appeal was reviewed by a TF2T admin who stated that I needed to take up this appeal with SR due to the age of the ban. I posted a detailed explanation of the situation at TF2T, but will reiterate here in detail:

The original ban is referring to a trade I performed on the server in question with a user named Raspberry Ticklebrush (info available in his original request for ban). The ban request was not performed by the user in question, but by his friend. The facts he stated were incorrect, as he stated I shortchanged the alleged victim by removing a key in trade. This is untrue. I remember the events that took place:

I was posting in this trade server to sell two keys (which were received from a $5 Steam purchase my friend made...I got him into the game and he gave me the keys and in exchange for me giving him weapons, hats, etc.). Raspberry mentioned he was interested in the keys, so I started a trade window. Discussing the price for the keys, I stated I had wanted 2.66 refined per key (or 5.33 refined for both). He said he wanted to pay 2.33 refined per key (or 4.66 refined for both). Note that both prices are within average prices for keys of the time. After going back and forth for roughly 3-5 minutes, I advised him to make an offer on the keys, as I was interested in finalizing the trade.

I had both keys in the trade window the whole time, and he placed 5.33 refined in the trade window. I clicked my checkbox and said "You sure?" He then clicked his checkbox. To make sure, I waited about 5 seconds before I finalized the trade to give him a couple of extra seconds. The trade then went through.

You can see the amount the trade went for in both screenshots listed on the original ban request. I've linked them below for convenience:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/65788019.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/76050826.png/

You'll note that the original ban request stated I was trading three keys for 5.66 refined, but the trade went through for 5.33 refined as my story states. Also, 3 keys at 5.66 refined would put each key roughly at 1.88 refined, which is way below market cost for the time (which was around 2.33-2.66 refined).

After about 30 seconds, Raspberry got upset saying something along the lines of "oh crap I gave you too much metal." He opened up another trade window asking me for his two reclaimed back. I told him he gave me the price I wanted and that I had given him ample time to review the trade. He kept insisting to me that he wasn't paying attention and that he meant to sell to me at the 2.33 rate. I told him again I wanted the keys at that price. Once he started with insults I cancelled out the trade window.

He kept insisting again that I give him his metal back and I said again that I gave him a fair price and that if he goofed he really should have been paying attention, and that he did indeed accept the trade. The tail end of the conversation is where the third screenshot shows me saying "you accepted the trade" and him screaming that I was a scammer:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/73356579.png/

After I left the server, I didn't think much of it at the time. I don't frequent trade servers usually, as I've done the majority of my trading through tf2tp.com and through steam chat with friends and such. I only came across my scammer status as of yesterday, when I filed the appeal immediately with TF2T, who subsequently advised me to post here.

I respectfully request that my scammer status be lifted, as I feel I did not do anything wrong to deserve this label. The situation arose because:
    • The alleged victim (Raspberry) was not paying attention, and I had not changed my side of the trade window the entire time we were discussing the trade.
    • I gave him ample time to review the trade and did not rush him at all.
    • The original ban request was not done by Raspberry himself, but his friend, who misrepresented the situation, and claimed I had removed a key during the trade, which is untrue
    • I did nothing to deceive or otherwise take advantage of the trader, and he did receive the keys for a fair price at the time...just not the one he wanted.
    As I said in the TF2T appeal, I would be willing to recompense Raspberry for the two reclaimed he was upset about to clear bad blood and to put the issue to rest. However, I do request that my appeal be reviewed and my scammer status be lifted. I am willing to go into further detail if/where needed and to discuss one-on-one with an administrator if necessary.
    I do apologize that this appeal comes so long after the original ban, but I only play TF2 occasionally and rarely perform trading, especially in trade servers. I did start the appeal process as soon as I was aware of the scammer status.
    Thanks for your time in considering my appeal.
    Regards,
    Peter (EagleRock)
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @EagleRock,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  3. EagleRock

EagleRock New User

Steam:
    Hi,

Just confirming that I am around to field any questions as per the post above. I will be checking the forums for updates, and am on Steam regularly, so either way is a good way to contact me. Thanks very much for looking into my request.

Regards,
    Peter
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @EagleRock,

I've read the report and the appeal on TF2-T.

The report contains 3 links, only 2 of those still work, did you by any chance retain the images? If so, could you provide the 3rd linked image.
    TF2-T didn't attach them to the topic unfortunately.

I've uploaded per this post the 2 other pictures of the report that where still accessible.

Report - 65788019.png Report - 76050826.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. EagleRock

EagleRock New User

Steam:
    Hi @SilentReaper,

Unfortunately, I didn't take offline copies of the images. These images are actually not mine, but the ones uploaded from the original ban request from Raspberry's friend. The third image wasn't really as important as the other two, as the first two show what the trade went for (two keys for 5.33 ref). The third image basically only showed the very end of the conversation as two lines in chat, which I'll paraphrase here:

me: "you accepted the trade"
    raspberry: "NOBODY TRADE WITH EAGLEROCK...HE IS A SCAMMER!"

That image only showed the very end of the conversation, anyway. I apologize for the image being lost, as I simply used the link from the original ban request, and didn't think to re-upload the images. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Peter
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @EagleRock,

Thnx for the quick reply. As the report contained errors (listing 5.66 while 5.33 was traded), and no replies/confirm of the "victim", I consider the report faulty for no factual representation of the situation.

I hereby grant your appeal, and your account will be cleared shortly.
    No further actions of your side will be necessary.