1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198000140150 (cYs) Del Piero I TMG I (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by (cYs) Del Piero, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19937211
    SteamID: buffon1234
    Steam ID32: STEAM_0:0:19937211
    Steam ID 64: 76561198000140150
    Custom URL: www.steamcommunity.com/id/buffon1234

I found no thread for why I got tagged in the first place. Therfore I would like to appeal this judgement.
    Please contact me if you need further information
  2. {ASBO} Kokka

{ASBO} Kokka New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17249398
  3. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    I checked that page before (that's where I saw my tag) and I disagree with that judgement
  4. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
  5. JarlyX

JarlyX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34514124
  6. TMΓ | Arnevb

TMΓ | Arnevb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33619709
    I can see...
  7. Starburst

Starburst New User

What basis are you appealing on? You have multiple IP links with the other account? Please explain.
  8. mekeon

mekeon Banned

wow ruining a reputation like that o0
  9. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    As Arnevb explained it's not really difficult to use VPN and to hide your identity. Just because my IP matched does not mean I used it as there are programs to hide your ID as someone elses.
    I have enemy traders who would only be happy if I had a scammer tag. So to me that's more plausible than saying I go and scam with my own IP.

The whole basis of this tag is based on the assumption that it was me using the other account. Therefore I appeal against this assumption.
    The fact that I have multiple IPs shows that I know how to use VPN. Once again why would I use my real IP for this? The answer is simple: I didn't do it.
  10. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    It's not that you have multiple IPs. It's that you have ONE IP being shared between your account, and a confirmed scammer of your account. If you were using a VPN, then your account and your "impostor's" account wouldn't have the same IP. And unless you're running a VPN of your own that you allowed a scammer to have access to (which would still mean that you were in cahoots with a tagged scammer), there is absolutely no way that you would share the same IP unless you were the same person.
  11. Bottiger

Bottiger Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332107
    You can't spoof a real IP and successfully connect to a TF2 server.

I have never seen you connect to TF2 with a different IP other than your German IP (where you go back to during holidays) and your Italian IP (where you go to university).

You probably don't know how to tunnel TF2 traffic so you will need a better explanation than that.
  12. TMΓ | Arnevb

TMΓ | Arnevb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33619709
    What if, both the Impersonator and Del Piero were using the same VPN?
  13. Bottiger

Steam:
    His IP is residential. It is not a VPN.

2-224-111-49.ip170.fastwebnet.it (2.224.111.49)
    2.224.111.0 - 2.224.111.255
    PAT/NAT IP addresses POP 3701 for
    Static allocation to Residential/SoHo customer with L3 devices

And no one would play with a VPN on at all times.
  14. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    Exactly I don't game with VPN. I never said I do. The speed is much slower when VPN is on
    I said if I were to scam I would turn VPN on to hide my tracks and not use my residential IP
  15. Bottiger

Steam:
    That is proof that Arnevb is wrong, not that you didn't scam.
  16. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    I just successfully contacted to two different Skial servers with VPN..
    It's possible to hide one's tracks. That's all I'm saying.
  17. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    Wait...

You're saying someone impersonated you on the exact same VPN provider you use?

hahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahah

shut the f✿✿✿ up.
    Xel'Naga likes this.
  18. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    No I didn't say that either. Please don't make things up. I just said that I don't use the VPN to play but that I could use it to hide my identity if necessary.
    Furthermore I've said that it's possible for others to use your IP through programs and or hacking.
  19. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    So you're suggesting that somebody went through the trouble of finding your IP address, impersonating you, and spoofing their IP address to match yours in multiple TF2 servers, all for the sake of getting you tagged?

Even though it's already been proven that you have a history of using a VPN for the sake of hiding your IP address when you made multiple accounts to get a user banned from Skial. But THIS time, it's totally somebody else. Right?
  20. (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero New User

Steam:
    Pretty much that's what I'm saying Sherlock. It's not really a trouble to get the IP. Even a skial moderator could provide my IP.
    Getting me tagged means less competition for sellers like yourself and others. So there are people who have an interest in getting me tagged.

Exactly I know how to use VPN.
    As you just confirmed I know how to use VPN so if I need to hide my identity then I will.
    Obviously if I were to go scamming I would use VPN to hide my tracks.

This discussion with you, XelNaga is pretty pointless since you have plotted already twice against me on Skial and you are not the one who decided about tags (fortunately)
    Let's see and wait what SteamRep has to say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.