1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198011201485 Kzkas

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Kzkas, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Kzkas

Kzkas New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25467878
    |steamID: Kzkas
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:25467878
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011201485
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/edvis500
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198011201485

Hello, firstly I want to say that I got this status a long time ago and I can't remember everything what actually happened, but I have a few arguments why I didn't scam.

The evidence by the victim that I scammed him. http://i.imgur.com/0PJG9.jpg. And his explanation:
    I found a guy on SPUF selling HIB. I told him I wanted a HIB gift page. So I saw his rep and he had a lot so I felt confidence going first. I traded him a reclaimed metal via Steam Trade and he gave me back 2 scraps since he was only charging a scrap. Once I gave him the reclaimed he gave me the link to the gift page but it said someone had already used it.

Arguments:
    1) I have lots of positive reputation in my account, lots of better TF2 items (than a scrap) and lots of games, so why should I scam for a single scrap, given the fact that I gave him back the 2 scrap from his reclaimed metal? Just think logically about this.
    2) As I remember correctly, most of my trades were done at late night, so most probably I traded and went to sleep without knowing that the code didn't work (or maybe it worked? watch argument 3). Similar thing with used keys happened to me like 2 or 3 times and everytime the guy who bought it got a second working key.
    3) Maybe key was working? As you can see in the photo, he have 2 HIB pages opened, so maybe he used the first one and wanted to get the second one for free? Just a little theory of mine.

I don't have any screenshots to prove that I'm not guilty and I will understand if you'll leave the ban, but all I want is that admins and moderators think about this case logically. Is it really worth to scam a scrap (worth 0,05 dollar) and have a negative reputation, then you have more than 100 positive reputation in your profile and account with games worth more than 1000 dollars? Thanks for reading this and I'm waiting for your judgement.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    RE
    1. completely irrelevant.
    2. so what? If you are too exhaust to trade at that time, then don't trade and go to sleep.
    3. on the flipside, show me the key was legit to begin with.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Kzkas

Kzkas New User

Steam:
    1. IMO, it's completely relevant due to the fact I can't provide any screens.
    2. Should have done that >.<
    3. Neither can this be proven, nor the theory that it was used by the user.

This case is kinda funny, because if I was really a scammer, why would I give him his reclaimed back? I mean wouldn't I have scammed reclaimed too?
    I'm not trying to say that he did get the key, mistakes happens all the time, but I'm not a scammer. Right now, I'm trying to contact the person who supposedly got "scammed" to compensate this mistake.
    This case has some untraditional catches and I believe it can be only solved while thinking logically. I do believe that this case will have the right decision. Thanks. Have a nice day.
  4. Kzkas

Kzkas New User

Steam:
    0.6 years later... I'm still wondering whether or not my appeal will be granted.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    1. 2.5 years later, still as irrelevant today as it was then.
    3. that's probably the only reason I did not deny the appeal since your attitude over it is a massive red flag.

Since I still have to handle the appeal tho, I'm willing to work with you, the value was very low, repay the user and post back when done. If nothing else pops up when checking you out, ill consider a full tag removal.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Steam says last online 51 days, before my above comment, so I wont deny this appeal at this time.
    Whenever I recheck and see you online, ill give you a week at that point to acknowledge you are still interested in your appeal.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have been on steam since my last above comment, 2 week notice to followup.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have not followed up with your appeal. Your case does not have enough evidence to support a banned tag, however, I am leaving you with a caution. You will not be able to appeal the caution until after the user is repaid.
    Hidden Content: