1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198019036216 George (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by George, May 5, 2012.

1. George

George New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29385244
    steamID:
    George

steamID32:

steamID64:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019036216

customURL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/nmbmjh

steamrepURL:
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198019036216

Report:http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/3252

Recently, after I found out my account was marked as a scammer on a trading server, I was told that I can fix this by appealing on the Steamrep forums.

I feel that this judgement was unfair, due to the fact that I have recently discovered a key logger installed onto my computer, and many of my accounts for forums and several games was 'hacked' into, including my steam account, of which the password was changed. Whoever hacked into my account most likely scammed the hats off the person who reported this account, due to the fact that I have never actually played World of Warcraft, and the hacker most likely decided it was a good idea to use my account to scam others, and eventually transfer the items back to his own accounts.

However, I do admit that when I retrieved my steam account from the hacker, that initially was very surprised and excited and am guilty of attempting to trade away the items. On hindsight, this was most likely not the best option I could have done, but I feel that I deserve a second chance.
  2. George

George New User

Steam:
    I understand that the admins may be busy, however is it possible for me to obtain an update on weather or not this appeal would be valid?
    It really is a pain that I'm banned on most trading servers thanks to someone hacking me.
  3. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23339983
    Thanks for the report. With regards to your appeal, an SR admin will get to you soon. They have their hands full at the moment, thank you for your patience!
  4. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    Meanwhile, can you post details and screenshots of your steam support ticket with regards to the past hijack here?
  5. George

George New User

Steam:
    There was only a very short period of time between the password change from the hacker and me changing it back (with security details).
    I didn't have a need to send a ticket to steam support due to the fact the hacker did not transfer my inventory to his backpack and I only lost a few items but also gained (mostly gained), I suspect he was trying to
    use my account to scam as he most likely thought I would not be able to retrieve it in time before he transfers my items.
    I understand that I cannot provide proof that I was hacked, but I will be much more careful handling my account confidential, however it would be nice if I just got a warning because this incident caused me to be banned from all the good trading servers :\
  6. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    Okay since you said you didn't need to send a steam ticket, there is no proof that you have been hijacked. I believe your story is false, if you are really telling the truth, you would have felt bad that someone else scammed the items using your account and return them to the original owner immediately. Saying that your account is hijacked is an excuse, which goes to show that you are still not sincere on mending your ways. In addition, you still haven't returned the items that you had scammed back to the original owner.
  7. George

George New User

Steam:
    I am completely fine with repaying the person who has been scammed, however he/she has not been online for 4-5 days (a few days longer than the day I created this appeal) and seems to not have run a single steam game for the past 2 weeks on record.
    However, if he/she accepts the friend request, i'm sure we can work something out.
  8. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    Fair enough, however, it appears that you have traded one of the scammed unusual away. In addition, you said the hacker has traded a few of his items over to his account, so can you provide screenshots inventory history of that particular trade?
  9. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6523098
    I am going to be handling this appeal. Please wait for my friend request.
  10. AF2 | SPIRIT

AF2 | SPIRIT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35144733
    If the scammer traded your items to another account (probably his own), it should show up at your inventory history.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/YOUR STEAM ID/inventoryhistory

And because that's private, you should post a screenshot of it.
  11. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    I'm already investigating this appeal. There is no need to post commentary if you are not involved. Locking the thread until this has been resolved.
  12. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    It has been a few days since I requested you on Steam. Please note that a failure to timely accept my friend's request will result in a denial of your appeal.
  13. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    I have decided to take this appeal via the forums. Please post all screen shots or evidence that you may to support your case.
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    This appeal will be archived due to a year with no response from the appealer. Appeal again and provide evidence that backs your story.