1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198019356537 - (Wish / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Wish, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29545404
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198019356537 (Wish)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello. So, a bit of a story...
    Back in 2011, one day I started up the only game I played at the time TF2, only to find out that all the items in my inventory were gone (except for the non-tradable stuff). I never actually cared about cosmetics in a game, so the loss wasn't too hard, although I had to regain some of the weapons I enjoyed playing with.
    3 years forward... I logged in through steam on some trading site and to my surprise I find out that my account is listed as banned on SteamRep with tags SOP Ban and UHC Ban. I had no idea about Steam reputation sites, because I never was involved with trading items. After reading up on the issue, I found that, at the time, there was nobody who can help me appeal UHC Ban because they merged and stopped accepting appeals alltogether.
    Today, I logged in on another site that said I was still banned and I decided to see if anything has changed and if I can appeal my SOP Ban and UHC Ban, and it seems that I can, since SteamRep has inherited ownership of UHC Ban cases.
    I want to include some links with my TF2 inventory history which can confirm that my account was hijacked and all my items were gone
    3 March 2011
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/iqWish?time=1299140179
    5 April 2011
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/iqWish?time=1302005062
    I hope that this is enough evidenсe for my appeal and I can get rid of this brand that stains my account even 5 years after it was issued. Thank you for listening!​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Are you really telling me you did not chargeback a crapload of people early 2011? Lying is the fastest guaranteed way to have an appeal denied. And if you are claiming hijack, unless you can show you were, your appeal will not be granted.
  3. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    Not sure what you mean by "chargeback", please explain if you can, because I have no idea.
    I don't think I was playing during months(real life stuff happened) the hijack occured, so the hijacker had a lot of time to wreak havoc.
    If there is any information I can get from that period of time, please tell me how, and I will gladly share it here.
    I understand that it's hard to believe anyone, given the nature of stuff you are dealing with and I will try my best to comply with everything you need from me. Thanks again.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 weeks to provide proof you were hijacked.
  5. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    Any clue how can I prove it, I don't even know where to start? The only thing that I found related to my TF2 inventory I already listed. Is there any other sites or services that keep history data from 5 years ago?
  6. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    Let me try to give you some more information...
    That day when it became clear that somebody was on my steam account, I logged in with my usual steam login information, so the hijacker never changed my password or e-mail or anything and I never sent a ticket to steam support about hijack, because I "regained" access on my own, so I can't provide you that. The only damage that was done is all my items in TF2 inventory dissapeared, I guess, he just deleted them, since steam trading wasn't a thing until september 2011. I already provided you links with my inventory history, don't you think that it's strange that whole inventory got wiped clean? Why would I do this? It is clear that someone, somehow, gained access to my account and deleted everything, and did who knows what else.
    Please don't keep me in the dark, obviously, you know more than me about it and I don't have access to information you may have. It might be impossible to prove that somebody else was on my account on my own, so I ask you for help.

I post a screenshot of my steam inventory history and it goes back to 29 December 2011, so it is of a little use in this case, as well as my steam purchase history which starts from 22 December 2013...

Attached Files:

7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Support ticket is the only valid way to show your account was hijacked, if you cannot provide it, the appeal will not be granted, your account (or whoever was in control of the account at the time) did commit the chargebacks against multiple individuals.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  8. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    Well then... is seems that I am out of luck. If there is nothing I can do, then this is unfortunate. Thank you for your time.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    Well, you can provide your support ticket showing you were hijacked.
  10. Wish

Wish New User

Steam:
    How? I already explained that I never sent one, because my password wasn't changed by hijacker and I didn't have any trouble getting my account back, so there's nothing to show.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    If you never made one, we can only assume it was you who did the trades and then initiated the chargebacks and we will be unable to grant the appeal for your SOP tag. Since UHC is defunct and you already are tagged by SOP for the scams, I am dropping that tag.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**