1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198064136016 - (Caesar / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE, Apr 3, 2015.

1. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51935144
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198064136016 (Caesar)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I had an alt called Mr.Krabs or something but I can't find it.​

Appeal description:
    Hi,
    I'd like to appeal the mark I received.
    Full story (I was in a math camp and couldn't properly respond and form my side in the thread so I'll hopefully be able to make it transparent)-

I was added by buggy, who asked me if I wanted to purchase earbuds, I looked over his profile and it seemed good, but he was selling them for 13$ (uhh buds have considerably dropped recently so this is when they were worth around 10 keys), so I was a bit suspicious.
    I looked around and found where he got them, and it was someone who was selling buds for 19$, something was up and I went investigating(the chats below are with buggy and the person who sold him the earbuds). I never really read steam reps rules so I acted on good faith alone (only times I've been here was to report people who scammed me), deciding that if the victim gets chargebacked I'll be able to return him most of the money (I told him I'd sell him the buds for 15$ each because every time I receive a payment on paypal it's as goods and I lose a good chunk).

Buggy afterwards asked me if I wanted another 55ish buds, again for super cheap.
    I decided that I couldn't even do the same in good faith (at this rate buggy who I suspected and still suspect as a scammer would be able to buy loads of buds and sell them to me), I again found out where they came from and added the person.
    Around the time I was leaving for camp the guy who sold him 55 buds told me he got chargebacked, I asked for a quick screenie, asked plebe if he was chargebacked, and even though I recieved a no I figured I should have paypal hold the scammer's funds in case he tries to pull them into his card, or at worst I'd be able to return it to the other person.
    -He provided me with screenshots of this, but requested to stay anonymous, so I'd ask an admin to add me so I can show him the images.

This last thing is probably a bit unrelated, but I feel it should help my case so I'll mention it:
    300$ for my reputation, my friends, my trades (which made way more than that) is stupid, I had no motive other than my want to help the person who sold buds to buggy. I don't need money, and it's not that important to me, I raffled, I constantly give people free items, and when I was told that steam rep policy wasn't to let people try to handle those cases, I canceled my paypal claim.

All in all, the biggest lie I said here was I had a girlfriend.

I probably forgot some information, so please tell me so and ask if anything is missing.​

Attached Files:

2. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    There's no edit button, but come to think of it, for plea I think I committed the offenses is more correct, although if there was an other button I'd go for it.
  3. -GoV- ✿Lady♡Gyal✿ [REMP]

-GoV- ✿Lady♡Gyal✿ [REMP] Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50355440
    I vouch for him as much i can, AWESOME guy with who i traded over 100 buds in $$$ in the past, never had a single problem with him and never would expected see him with a red ugly tag, hope this get sorted out counting his good intention, i 100% agree to not scam in any case, scammer or not scammer, but this specific case is IMO a bit different counting he aimed more at keeping the cash in hold more than chargebacking for profit/bad intentions, also after realizing he was going against steamrep policy and risk a punishiment he proceeded to reversed the chargeback, in my personal opinion it was just a wrong way to help someone and a little slip from him, i think a caution tag would be well enough in this specific case but i am nobody to choice in such matters, anyway below are just few of the trades i did with caesaer, always went first, THATS how much i trust him!

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I dont think vouches are allowed in appeals, saying that...

hes been a long long time member of SR and other communities he trades at and should have reasonably known the policy (for the record I dont see how he could have not known) no exceptions or special treatment should be given.
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Im awful disappointed, knowing that my quote in your report has seemingly made no change to the way you reflect upon your actions.

Oh well.
  6. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    Just so I understand, you both seriously believe that if someone is chargebacked, and I have the option to save him some of his money, I should not? This isn't even guessing or anything, I have a screenshot of a chargeback.

My actions up to now and regards to SR was- be nice and fair, made tons of sense, I didn't think trying to help others would ever put me in trouble.

May I request buggy uploads his trade history? I'm of course willing to do the same- I'm asking this so we can all see the full situation.

On the thread against me @Clive posted this:
    Vigilante actions:
    On occasion, people that got scammed find it justified to scam themselves. Or people around them to try to scam the offender in order to get their items or in valuables back. It also has happened enough times that somebody was complaining about a trade, called it a scam (while also in cases it wasn't technically a scam), and a friend of theirs then scammed the other trader. Those do get banned here on SteamRep, for these are offenses that SteamRep WILL ban for.

How does this apply here? Did I try to get my items back after being scammed( and you can look up the reports I've submitted in the past, plenty of times...)? Those guys weren't my friends, I just met them. I knew that scamming for profit is bad, and I also assumed it was against SR policy, but this isn't what happened- the money was to go to the victims, and I was in constant communication with them( If you're doubting this, about a year and a half ago I accidentally bought an unusual from an hijacked account- it was raffled in tf2 pink taco.)
  7. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    I think the best answer to your question is as follows:

As for now i take my leave, not anything more to say on my end.
  8. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    You're quoting part of what I said but giving it another meaning. Regardless I'll answer: I had no intention of taking advantage of any trader, had everything gone smoothly, those buds would have just circulated and everyone would have been happy.
    Once buggy issued a chargeback, my intention of being able to help and protect took over.

If you disagree please do say so and explain, and I'll gladly accept your comment and try to see why I am wrong.
  9. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    Semi-update:
    Buggy has 2 reports pending against him which have sufficient evidence (and I know of 2 people who were chargedbacked and haven't submitted a report, one of them is the reason I chargebacked in order to protect plebe, the other that was chargebacked is plebe).
  10. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    Dear moderators, is there any time estimate regarding the appeal (obviously you have a lot of work- it's just I believe this appeal isn't about a scammer having a change of heart, rather a person who believed and still believes he did the right thing in order to help people).
    Cheers.
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Moderators don't even deal with appeals (admins do), but I'm sure they appreciate the compliment.

Read this topic:http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #15: Bumping your appeal.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #20: Status of your appeal.
  12. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42283035
    You do know that Caesar closed the charge-back case, right?
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -You made your intent crystal clear in the report against you. Premeditated offense.
    -SR, by policy, does not grant RWC (real world currency) related offense.
    -Disagreeing with SR policy (scamming a scammer is still scamming) is not a valid reason to consider ANY appeal nor does it seem you understand what can of worms it causes.
    -You openly claim you see nothing wrong with what you did, even in this thread, making you pose a continued threat to the rest of the community and no appeal will be considered.

Additional ref:
    Vouches mean nothing in appeals, if anything you were or reasonably should have known general policies regarding scams/scamming seeing how active/involved you were in trading at the time.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**