1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Be careful of souceop.com links

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Honkzilla, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Honkzilla

Honkzilla New User

A friend on my list who was obviously hijacked sent me a rep thread link saying:

"hey have you traded with this guy?
    http://forums DOT souceop.com/threads/42599-Quasi-s-Rep-Thread/
    he just scammed me out of 5 buds"

Notice the link is souceop.com. It tries to load trojan "Agent.V.Trojan".
    Melkor likes this.
  2. [Gent] Jeremy

[Gent] Jeremy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26649445
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

This is correct. :( so sad in that my signature's SPUF thread isn't gaining much.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35807771
    I made abuse reports to domain registrar and hosting company as well as the privacy service he used to cover his whois information.

It should be less then 24 hours till domain/host gets suspended.
    Melkor and DataStorm like this.
  5. That One Guy

That One Guy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14930309
    I recently filed a report on a guy - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/lendal-76561198002445217-impersonator.14378/, He sent me one of these links, however after clicking it, it just told me to install a missing plugin, as I previously deleted most of my Java files, although I have an addon called Java Deployment Toolkit, would I still be at risk of this Agent.V.Trojan, I'm running a virus scan right now, and I haven't been hijacked or anything, so is it safe to assume I'm unaffected?
  6. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    It's possible.Never safe to say you aren't hijacked until you change your mail password & steam password from a clean computer.Virus scans sometimes don't work after being injected.

That is why i changed my passwords even though eset smart security showed connections blocked from server and my computer is clean on a full scan.Better safe then sorry;)
    DataStorm likes this.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

love Eset :) but 1 scanner is never enough to scan all spyware/mallware, so its advised to use multiple different anti-spyware software packages to truly verify. (and only 1 antivirus, and Eset is a pretty good one :) )

On password changes: any time you change your password, it improves your security. But not if you use common words, they just crack thru the words of lenght 4-7 char's and combinations and some numbers after it.
    Advice on passwords:
    - password length of at least 10 characters
    - no part of it is a known: word, name, pet, acronym (lmao etc).
    - Use: Upper and lower case letters, numbers and signs, and even better use special characters like "ó ò ö ú ù" etc as well somewhere
    - Don't use "1337 5p34k" words, thinking that would be unique. Its pretty easy to guess "Sl4mDunk". For all "replaces" of letters are pretty known to everybody, and the first letter of separate words are capitals. Way less easy would be for example "sMl4kÜdn$â~"
  8. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    I signed it but yeah it's amazing that Valve didn't implement this years ago, like nobody would try stealing people's Steam accounts... :rolleyes:
  9. KosToLoM

KosToLoM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40662207
    There are a big problem not only for SOP and SR. A lot of russian scammers used phishing links to scam people/hijack they acc.

Example:
    team-fortress.ru -> team-fortess.ru

Its problem has been, is and will be.

We must be careful only :)
  10. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    I've also contacted the host 2 days ago. According to them, their client (the one owning the fake SOP site) doesn't know about anything and will get things resolved as soon as possible. While the site is currently down, I still have my doubts regarding the whole "don't know about anything" part. Here's a quote from the E-Mail:
    But the host also told me that the domain owner of the fake SOP site also has 50 other domains set-up on the same host.... Either way, as for the fake SOP domain:
    It's locked down... for now.
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I call bullshit.... but thats my personal opinion. Just doing postponing action and continuing doing crap.
  12. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    The owner of the site chickened out.Anything he say about "unautorized access to host etc." definitely bullshit.No one cracks the password of any server to host a pishing site.This is double stupid.
  13. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    So would my password not be safe. It's "12345". I used no words and no letters so what are the odds of someone figuring that out? :confused:
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

15. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    Instant with a brute force script or program.
  16. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    wow. they even made fun of these codes back in the 80s. how are people still using these? Has no one seen spaceballs?
  17. TheAssassin9

TheAssassin9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31956922
    This is how i am marked as a scammer i CLICKED on this link D: Help
  18. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
  19. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam: