1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can you get reported for this?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Manwith3boobs, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Manwith3boobs

Manwith3boobs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63709068
    I like going on some some forums that have things to do with counterstrike. I see lots of people selling hacks for skins and trading skins for hacks though, and it makes me mad because I can't do anything.

But if the person trading skins for hacks got scammed, and the scammer never gave them a hack, would steamrep still ban them? Or would they leave it alone since the guy was trying to buy hacks?

I am just interested, because I haven't heard of this situation before.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    hmmm, SR always stayed clear of "contraband" like "hacks". But from your comments I'm not even sure what those "hacks" are. You mean hacks like aimbots, wallhacks, brightskins, triggerbots, speedhack, etc?

As far as I know, such has never been reported to us. If it ever would happen, that would stir a discussion between the admins of SR.

But I know this:
    We cannot and will not test "hacks" on our accounts as "transaction" of those "hacks" is often not "provable" of it being "in working order", and we in general would advice ppl to NOT use such. I personally think that would go along with "CD-Key trades" and "Steam Wallet code" trades, both of which we do not support for we cannot establish who actually activated such on his account. Which is why we point such to Valve, but they don't do much with them afaik. To report such scams to Valve.... lol.

Also, such hacks, in the form of executables or scripts can also be abused for hijack scenario's. Basically all they have to do is set up a server, and write only a couple lines of code to send 3 files.... and then ppl are hijacked. This is some that I know already happened, not with a "hack" but with a tool.

So they are f✿✿✿ed either way imo: if it doesn't work they are scammed, if it does work they might get hijacked...
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. Manwith3boobs

Manwith3boobs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63709068
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering if I would be able to go hog wild vigilante style on these people trying to buy hacks, but I guess it is safer not to.

And yes, I meant hacks as in trigger and aimbot. Thanks for clearing everything up. :D