1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

HELP PLEASE. Kristopher Katz. Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by YEno, Nov 26, 2015.

1. YEno

YEno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:70027759
    Long story short somebody added me wanting to trade, but they wanted me to trade with steam community holder so I can be safe.

This is the person they want me to trade the knife with so he can check the knife to see if it legit.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961283099/

His name is Kristopher Katz and he works for valve he says.

When I talked to him he spoke broken english and misspelled half the words he typed.

When I asked him for proof he sent me this screenshot he sent of my profile. It says he can VAC ban me?

http://imgur.com/Rab27zV

Is this legit? Or is this a scam. I have no idea what is going on and how this can be a scam or how it can be legit.

Thanks.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well he doesn't work for Valve.. highlevel prob a sold account with 9 currently banned friends. Never make a one sided trade like that for the sake of "showing if its legit" or trade an unreliable middleman. If its too good to be true walk away - always take your time on trades so you cover all bases - most scammers will run you quick thru things so you miss something.
  3. MayoRz

MayoRz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5730251
    Yhea it's a scam. I lost a butterfly carnage mw. I feel dumb now, never got scammed before in 15 years of gaming. I was just tired and attracted by profit... Its a combo scam.
    I investigated a bit and they lvled up the account to lvl 131 in 1 day the 24 of november.

After you give him item he will claim they are glitched and that he need more of your items to unglitch it.. My ass.

Well i made a steam ticket, what can i expect?
  4. MayoRz

MayoRz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5730251
    I said combo scam because he have many other people redirecting to him for beinh a holder