1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is there any hope for most of us?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by disco_420, Aug 11, 2014.

1. disco_420

disco_420 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58181145
    So, we all know that most reports never get solved by the looks of it... Valve don't disable accounts when submitting violation reports which are in clear breach of their rules...

What can we do? Is there a way we can help each other out in a safe way? Though, I feel posting this is pointless but a lot of us are frustrated & want answers.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    What kind of hope are you looking for?

Users get banned, especially when they have multiple reports, both by Valve and by SteamRep communities.

Reporting alone gets their accounts flagged with pending reports while they haven't been reviewed. As a result, future traders see that there is a pending report and get forewarning.
  3. disco_420

disco_420 New User

Steam:
    a quicker turnaround of user being flagged to their accounts being disabled, i still see this dude trading (be it with other scammers etc) & i have sent violation reports to valve/steam (im aware its not the greatest turnaround for responses).

It would be good if the community as a whole can work together more or have more permissions to help each other out as opposed to mods being totally swamped on a constant basis
  4. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    Well, you can get them banned faster by reporting to partner/friend communities instead of SR itself.
  5. disco_420

disco_420 New User

Steam:
    thanks, i'll get on that just now :)