1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New Scam

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Suparmon, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Suparmon

Suparmon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37026201
    Hello,

I don't know if any of you has already seen this scam so I'm just going to post it here as a warning.
    Here's how it goes:

1. You find a really nice offer on cs go lounge with a super expensive knife that someone is trying to basically give it for free because he's no longer playing cs;go.
    2. Once you add him, he'll explain you how Dota 2 is the only thing that has meaning in his life and that there's a very rare item that he wants from someone who has blocked him.
    3. He'll ask you to add said person on steam and try and get that item from him.
    4. The second guy will say that he is trading this rare item only for the value of whatever the most expensive item in ur inventory is /+/- 40$/ (In my case he said the same price as my knife)
    5. Here you're supposed to get scammed, but if you do a little bit of research and find the actual price of the dota 2 item he's trying to sell you, you'll find that it's not that rare at all.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Very common, very old, called a "glimmer drop" scam.