1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Nobody wants to waste time talking to a scammer. T

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Digitalhax, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Digitalhax

Digitalhax New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9793686
    Everyone hates talking to scammer to know they wasted 30 minutes trying to setup a trade only to find out theyre a scammer, or to get scammed.

Literally within 5 seconds of saying, "I will be checking your steamrep, I will be verifying your paypal, I dont fall for fake paypal emails, I don't fall for paypal invoices, I don't fall for fake middlemen, I don't fall for photoshopped images I will verify that they come from a web browser with firebug disabled, I don't fall for fake item trades, lets save us both time and just block me now" they will block you if they are a scammer... THAT DOESN'T mean they are not a scammer, but this saves you so much time especially on CSGOLounge trades. I put up my items for trade and got 20 adds. All 20 of them blocked me the second I said that. No wasting my time.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Are you asking a question or something? Not sure of the purpose of this thread?
  3. Digitalhax

Digitalhax New User

Steam:
    Just letting people know, a lot of people still try to waste time talking to these people to figure out if theyre a scammer or not, but usually if you're straight forward and call them out on s✿✿✿ theyll just block you to save time and prevent you from getting scammed
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't advise that - You would go thru that with a legit person, basically throwing at their face they are scamming but they may not be I'd delete you myself if that was the case, but that wouldn't mean that I was a scammer. You would then be wasting their time, I feel you need to rethink how you are interacting with people.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Also, some scammers are persistent, and will continue trying to convince you they're legit, or try some other trickery you may not catch while you have them added.
  6. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @Digitalhax

Just by advertising a trade on CSGOLounge to sell your items/skins for "Real Money" (PayPal in this case) is enough to get targeted by scammers there. Even if you get a payment through PayPal that user can still easily chargeback the funds so you are not 100% safe just by getting the payment on PayPal as it is mentioned in your trades there but I am sure you know what you're doing.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Best practice (imo) is check out the user prior to adding them in the first place.
    Tony Reigns likes this.
  8. Digitalhax

Digitalhax New User

Steam:
    i mean it's pretty damn easy to get a clean account, then get "+rep" posts like its nothing. and i was doing this 2 days ago, 17 people deleted me, then one person who didnt ended up being legit. i could've wasted my time trying to figure out who was a scammer there and possibly lost the legit guy during all of that. I'm not CALLING them scammers, just saying basically I know all the tricks in the book, let's not waste eachothers time.
  9. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I would like to take this opportunity to point out that +rep comments on people's profiles, no matter what they say, who posted them, or when, are absolutely worthless. You should never, under any circumstances, use +rep comments to to determine whether to trust someone. Traders often post them for non-trust trades, or without any reason other than being asked to, and scammers often either post +rep from their alternate accounts or pay people as little as a scrap metal each to write fake reputation comments on their profile. Meanwhile, any negative comments indicating someone shouldn't be trusted, get deleted, so you would never see any signs of a scammer that in profile comments anyway.

I highly recommend you read over this guide, written by a retired SteamRep admin:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391