1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about report

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NorbRt™, Oct 18, 2015.

1. NorbRt™

NorbRt™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54058331
    So someone tried to scam me. He said he is doing a free giveaway and i have to have mumble for it.Then he gave me a link with a fake 10 day old russian site.I came to steamrep, tried to report it when I saw on the report page I can't report phising on steamrep. Are there anything i can do about it or nothing?
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I tried looking for the thread where I read this so that I could quote the exact wording, but I believe it was SReaper who said that ppl are welcome to report these kind of scams because it's an actual person talking to you and getting you to do this, and not a bot like general phishing.

If I find the thread I'll link it, but expect someone to come in anyway and "officially" answer it.
  3. NorbRt™

NorbRt™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54058331
    Ok, it looks like he is also impersonating a youtuber with 700k subscriber,i will just report for that
  4. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Yes, Roudydogg1 is right.
    We do investigate manual hijacking/phishing account attempts, just not the automated ones.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.