1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question, Feel free to answer if you know the answer!

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Eat A Bag of Baby Dicks, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Eat A Bag of Baby Dicks

Eat A Bag of Baby Dicks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7501339
    So lets say Person A and B are scammed by person X. Person X is found guilty in either A or B or Both A & Bs reports he is then "banned"

Whats is the results? what happens next?
    Is person X banned on steam? are they reported by steamrep and then banned by steam 1-4 weeks later? are they banned only on trading websites? is there ip information and alts banned? what happens basically i know theres probably a thread out there explaining this information so if you hve it feel free to link!
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    I'm not a moderator but i will try to answer your question. So if the accused (X) is found guilty by SR, he and all his alts (found by ip or other private methods) get a Tag "BANNED BY SR" . He then gets blocked on any online platform that uses the SteamRep API (outpost, MCT servers, FOG servers, etc). To get him banned on Steam you have to report it your self on his profile.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    The ban gets displayed on our site for our users to check the banned person. Partner and most friend communities will ban the account when he will try to connect. Some communities only apply such bans on trading servers, not on their gaming servers. Websites like Dota2Traders, TF2outpost, csgooutpost, dotalounge, csgolounge etc etc ban automatically such users as well.

For effects to Steam account on itself (trade ban) one would need to report on their profile or maybe even to steam support (that might remove the items from their account, but you wont get them back).
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SOP auto bans tagged users on our forums as well. ;)