1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197988473625 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by David CantLift, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David CantLift

David CantLift New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36907486
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197988473625

Victim profile: 76561198034080701

What happened? Description:
    Had been friends with this guy for a while. Always gave me advice regarding CSGO trades etc. Anyway, after months of grinding worked my way up to a Karambit Fade. Note this was all from 25 keys. Deciding to quit while I was ahead I turned to mYm™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in order to find a legit buyer. He offer me 470USD, skeptical I was very hesitant while I have been a victim of scamming before.

He was EXTREMELY calming in his legitimacy and I asked for his facebook in order to confirm he was infact who he said he was. We talked on facebook, after sorting out paypal details he agreed to let me hold on to one of his howls and 3 keys, after which (I would receive my money) I would give it back. He claimed to have sent the money, I had nothing. He played around the idea of the wrong email, still nothing.

Sent me a screenshot of the trade, which I found extremely suspicious as it took ALOT longer than any typical screenshot. Eventually he ended up blocking me off Facebook and blocking me off Steam. Watching his account I saw he immediately change the knife name tag in order to hide it.

I just don't see why there aren't any honest people in the world anymore? and to top things off, the CamStudio video that had been recording the whole thing for little under an hour saved as corrupted. I will try my best to recover the footage. Why a level 100 (Steam level) would do this with nearly 2000$ in items is mind boggling.​

Provide Evidence:
    While thats not the entire chat log I don't know. I will try find it on my phone incase its there. I will try recover the video as it has EVERYTHING that happened, sadly it corrupted as I went to save it.​

Attached Files:

2. David CantLift

David CantLift New User

Steam:
    Included the trade

Attached Files:

3. David CantLift

David CantLift New User

Steam:
    His paypal document

Attached Files:

4. Mako.- Laked Nadies

Mako.- Laked Nadies New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19309268
    It may not help too much, But I can personally vouch for what has happened. As an established trader (9inejasInPyjamas - Steamrep has not updated name), With 1500+ Hours on CSGO and numerous High End traders able to vouch for this incident and myself also. I was on Skype with the victim on screenshare when this happened. Mym should be ashamed of using his high rep to pull of such a low blow,
  5. mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿

mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14103948
    Wow what an elaborate hoax. It's sad that people with too much time on their hands and bad trading skills try to prove something that is clearly staged. Anyways best of luck with this...
  6. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Do you have the chat with the agreement along any other evidence you can give?

Also give all your paypal history, non cropped and not edited,

@mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ if you can, provide your own evidence, such as paypal history and trading history.
  7. mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿

mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ New User

Steam:
    @Sjru As you can imagine I do a lot of PayPal and Steam trades, so no I will not share my history publicly under these circumstances.
    Long story short, I sharked the guy. Convinced him that my howl is worth roughly the same as his knife. He wasn't sure about it from the get-go but I am quite convincing when it comes to trades so in the end we did swap. I don't do reverse trades and so we parted as I normally would. I knew he was pissed but wow...
  8. Mako.- Laked Nadies

Steam:
    @Sjru - Mym is quite clearly playing games - As you can see Mym advised in the chatlog to offering numerous amounts via paypal. - Advised he has paid for the Karambit and Sent a fake Screenshot - then Sent a trade, But won't show his Paypal log for proof of payment? Won't show his trade history either? - All Mym has to provide is the one entity of trade that he made to David Cant Lift.

The steam chat logs have been claimed as a Hoax - As you can see they are pretty damn legit, The trade screenshot, Also included.

He may be steam level 100, He may have a lot of Rep, But To use that as a base for scamming someone and not providing proof is the obvious signs of a liar.

I don't see how this can be left un-noticed or un-acted upon despite Mym providing no proof but his verbal opinions. - I'm ashamed of people who exploit this to make profits.
  9. Mako.- Laked Nadies

Steam:
    Nice to see the Fade is back in his inventory whilst he hid it for a week pending opened case.
  10. mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿

mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ New User

Steam:
  11. Mako.- Laked Nadies

Steam:
    you keep posting comments that aren't backed by any factual information - You haven't even bothered to post your Paypal summary or respond properly to the accusation,

But for some reason you can be bothered taking a screenshot of your inventory to take a blank shot at myself.

Your providing the obvious signs of a Scammer - Lack of information, Turning the blame to the victim or anyone who backs up the claim, Waiting for things to blow over until people forget about it - And still no screens.

@Sjru
  12. mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿

mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ New User

Steam:
    I dont record me sharking kids. You wont find my paypal history here and as for my trading history you already know what items we traded.
    Your friend needs to do more research before trading that's all.
  13. Mako.- Laked Nadies

Steam:
    His trading history was spot on. It's the level 100 scammer who offered a Paypal payment and never followed through mate. - I watched the whole thing through screenshare. Must feel good to be dishonest.
  14. mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿

mYm™ ๏̯͡๏﴿ New User

Steam:
    yeah the trade is the one thing that actually is spot on...
  15. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    @David CantLift,

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.