1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561197993521114 - (AFKGr*READ my INFO or NO ADD / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Hammy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Hammy

Hammy Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7649363
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197993521114 (AFKGr*READ my INFO or NO ADD)

Victim profile: 76561197975564454

What happened? Description:
    After over two years, this user has issued a chargeback on a payment I was sent for the sale of one "cloudy moon" Scotch Bonnet and one "cloudy moon" Gym Rat TF2 hats. Please see the screenshots for further clarification.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots attached of the Paypal e-mail I received, the Paypal payment from Mar 6 2012, my inventory history snapshot from that day showing the transfer of the items to AFKGr*READ, and his SteamRep profile page.​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Do you have the screenshot of the original agreement?

Also give a screenshot of the current situation of the chargeback from the resolution center.
  3. Hammy

Hammy Partner Community

Steam:
    Uploaded two additional screenshots. The first is the current Paypal resolution center status, and the other is an update to the accused's Steam profile, in which he states that his Paypal account "has been compromised." This statement was made after I left a publicly visible comment on his profile, asking to discuss the situation privately. His account went private, he deleted my comment, then went public again with this statement.

Regarding "the original agreement," that was over two years ago, and I do not have any logs.
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    i'll mark this for review.
    @CharlieSheen make your own report.
  5. Hammy

Hammy Partner Community

Steam:
    Yes, for what it's worth, his chargeback was denied. Thank goodness!
  6. Cockroach

Cockroach New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16627693
    This is my account,i am the accused here,
    my paypal was compromised by a hacker and he issued "unauthorized transaction" for ALLL of my paypal trades,
    i was able to resolve the issue and CANCEL the disputes,
    i can provide proof for hijacked paypal account and security breach,
    please let me know where i can do it.

i aint gonna freaking chargeback some 2 year old trade and risk my account
  7. Cockroach

Cockroach New User

Steam:
    here is a little bit more detail
    the hack issued disputes on all of my transactions spanning from 2011 to 2012 (i have record of this)
    and also emptied my paypal account of 432USD to an unverified paypal account (i have record of this also)

i contacted paypal, who canceled the disputes and started investigation regarding the loss 432USD

i have called the customer support and the agent told me that the unauthorized payments were made from a single instance of log in from SINGAPORE (i am located in Canada), i am now awaiting the resolution of my own loss of 432USD
  8. Cockroach

Cockroach New User

Steam:
    here are the 3 screenshots,
    one of them indicates the trade of topic in this thread (i marked a little arrow)
    another one shows my disputes over the unauthorized transactions totalling 400+USD to an unverified and non-tf related account,
    the third one is the email reply i got on the date of 19th (the date of the incident)

to clarify,
    my account DID NOT GO PRIVATE, dont make this up
    i did delete your comment because why the hell would i leave it on my profile and make other people think that i am a bloody scammer,
    i did not accept your request because i simply dont want to deal with the s✿✿✿ since i have already attempted to solve the issue as quickly as possible,
    i wrote that disclaimer on my profile because, while i already knew about the hack, you adding me and leaving that comment made me realize that people are indeed affected and will likely come to me, and thus it is only natural for me to make it CLEAR so that other people who are asking me regarding the same situation will know what is going on

Attached Files: