1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197999435945 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jambozx, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jambozx

Jambozx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17683442
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561197999435945

Victim profile: 76561198187431001

What happened? Description:
    The accused user is impersonating my second profile (the victim) to scam people pretending to be me using my reputation as leverage. The accused has links in his profile to my cash rep thread (link called "Cash rep thread" in his profile) and a link to my profile (link called "Bot owner" in his profile) saying that I own the profile of the accused, but I don't.​

Provide Evidence:
    If you open the profile of the accused, you can see everything has been copied from the profile of the victim in order to pose as the victim to scam people. I am also the owner of the KeyVendor.net group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/keyvendornet) and the victim is an administrator in this group and the accused is not, which should be enough evidence that it's my profile that was copied and not the other way around. A scam has already happened but I'm not making this report about that.​

Attached Files:

2. Jambozx

Jambozx New User

Steam:
    I'd also like to add I already reported them on Steam and also filed a DMCA takedown.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Can you give me more proof as in screenshots here - you telling me the user is linking to YOUR cash rep thread and BOT owner - but I don't see no links?
    can you mouse over the URLs please so they show up on the screenshots.
    That is the main reason I didn't accept this before but you need to show me this not just tell me.
  4. Jambozx

Jambozx New User

Steam:
    I understand the problem with edited screenshots but this is just to make it clearer and I don't think the rule has importance in this case. You can also check the other link in the accused's profile.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah I see what your pointing at - just give me two screenshots of both links like that but FULL screen please.. should even include windows start bar or everything you see in the monitor I should see.
  6. Jambozx

Jambozx New User

Steam:
    Sorry about that. Just not a fan of fullscreen screenshots due to the higher risk of showing any sensitive information. Here are fullscreen screenshots. I have 2 monitors vertically and for some reason the cursor shows up on the upper one though I'm hovering the links in the one below. Let me know if I need to fix that.

Also for possible future readers I want to clarify I filed the DMCA takedown for the unauthorized use of my profile avatar artwork, not the impersonation.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Perfect thanks.
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.