1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198031432160 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by twitch.tv/Cristian_Does, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

twitch.tv/Cristian_Does New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39054304
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198031432160

Victim profile: 76561198038374337

What happened? Description:
    We discussed via epicnpc.com and agreed on a price for 2 M9 knives (Fade and Doppler, both FN).
    He added me on Steam then instead sending me the money for the knives he sent me a paypal invoice for the amount of money we discussed.
    I'm surprised people still try this stupid trick, but this is what happened. Screenshots attached.

Thank you.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. mvegter197

mvegter197 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46555482
    Could you provide the agreement?
  3. mvegter197

Steam:
    Sorry wrong report!

Could you provide a screenshot of the tradehistory?
  4. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    First, you're just a regular member here. Not an administrator, not a moderator.
    Second, asking about trade history screenshot only shows you didn't really pay attention to my report.

It was a scam ATTEMPT, as you can clearly see in the attached screenshots.
    Obviously I didn't fall for such a lame trick.

C
  5. mvegter197

Steam:
    I'm just trying to help you with speeding up this process.

I asked for tradehistory because you never stated that you DID or DID NOT accept the offer.
    You might not have fallen for this trick, but there are many other users that do get scammed because of tricks like these.
  6. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    You're right. Anyone who's not paying attention can fall for scam tricks and my description should maybe have been more detailed.
    On the other hand, I attached two screenshots and the steam chat shows in both.

Anyways, in order for this report to result in a ban, here's the story in more detail:

Scammer contacted me via epicnpcDOTcom and asked me if I accept paypal as payment for my items.
    After that he added me on Steam after posting a comment on my profile so I can identify him.
    Using the steam chat we agreed that he should pay first and then I will send him the items.
    I gave him my paypal address and then he sente a Paypal INVOICE, instead of sending me the money and told me to check my mail.

This is where some people fall for the trick, more often because they just quickly read the amount of money and not the rest of the details in that e-mail or because their English is bad (if their Paypal is set to English instead of their native language).
    Everybody should check their paypal accounts and see if their balance is adjusted with the new amount of money they expect, after someone claims they sent money.

Cheers!
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @twitch.tv/Cristian_Does Gonna need a full screen shot of your paypal ACTIVITY not summary for last serveral days to present and a open of the invoice shot from paypal...both images full screen and completely unedited/uncropped.
    In the future please don't edit screenshots at all as the chat was edited above.
  8. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    The screenshots were not really "edited". They were simply cropped as I'm using a 3 display setup and the relevant information was on my main display only.
    Also, having the name of the paypal account holder partially covered for privacy reasons, does not affect the screenshots in a way that would render the chat incomprehensible.

The same privacy issue applies for my paypal account "Activity" section. Publishing the names of some people and companies who sent payments would violate their privacy.
    I can understand that you have no proof in my previous screenshots that we agreed on the 450 euro, so I will attach the first chat I had with this person, on epicnpcDOTcom.

I can also upload a screenshot with my paypal account Activity if you really need to see there is no payment for 450 euro, but I will need to hide the names of people and companies who recently sent money to this paypal account.
    Just let me know if this will still be necessary after the initial agreement screenshot uploaded now, where you can also see the exact amount of money that's on the paypal invoice I got from the scammer.

PS: If you really consider this screenshot being "edited" just because I've cropped it to 1920x1080 instead of a wide 3x1920x1080 and you really wanna see how my desktop looks like, I can re-upload it in the original format, but I really doubt it's necessary. Just let me know.

Cheers!

ScamAttemptInitialAgreement.jpg
  9. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    The reply to your message is above this message.
  10. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    And to make it even clear, here's a screenshot of my steam account, where he posted a comment as instructed, saying "1234", after the epicnpc initial agreement.
    Lucky he was dumb enough not to remove it.
  11. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
  12. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    And because this is possible with the basic fetures of Google Chrome, here we go with a screenshot showing that the one who posted that comment on my steam profile is the one who previously agreed in the epicnpcDOTcom chat. (Check link to his profile in lower left side of the SS).

ScamAttemptInitialAgreement3.jpg
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Still going to need the paypal activity full screen and the full screen of the invoice itself.
    You can request this hidden just report the post once you make it and a staff member will hide the images when they see it but they must be unedited and uncropped completely.
  14. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:
    Hello, Horse and thank you for the fast reply. :)

I came here wishing to help the steam traders community, as when I was still into steam trading I found steamrep.com to be quite helpful sometimes.
    Now, I'm at a point where I'm seriously questioning my decision to spend my time doing this...
    Please help me understand if my decision was a good one or a bad one.

1. There's an obvious connection between the agreed amount of money, fake invoice sent by the scammer and the reported steam profile? Why aren't the already provided evidences enough?
    2. Why do you ask me to violate both my privacy and the privacy of the individuals and companies whose details are in the Activity tab of the paypal account by posting it to a public forum?
    3. Why isn't it enough for you to provide the required screenshot of paypal activity but without violating anyone's privacy, with only parts of the names being masked (not "edited") leaving the first letter of each name visible?

PS:
    With all due respect for your work here on steamrep, Horse, but in my opinion asking to post such private information on a pubic forum,
    in order to help the community flag another scammer is almost like helping the scammer not to get caught.
    I would have no problem sharing any information, privately, with any legal authority if I'd knew they'll take legal actions against this kind of low life thieves (aka "scammers"),
    but this is internet and you're a dude who goes by the nickname "Horse" with a half naked girl picture as an avatar. Try to put yourself in my shoes and I'm sure you'll understand my concerns.
    Besides that, the steam profile I'm reporting here shows a lot of warnings for a potential scammer: steam level that's easy to achieve with low costs, no valuable items in inventory, only 5 other steam profiles in friends list.
    I'm no expert, but to me it looks like a steam account that has been sold by a probably legit previous owner, for a fraction of the price of the games in it's library, to a dude who can still try to scam or scam people as we speak.

Waiting for your input... so please help me understand.
    Cheers!
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you do not wish to supply what I ask for in order to complete my investigation then we are not able to process this report...this is your choice and your choice alone.
    Other reports to this user are irrelevant to THIS report.

I must be able to confirm that you were never able to receive funds and then showing the invoice as requested which is exactly what your describing.

Again this is your choice - if not provided on next reply I will assume you no longer wish to pursue this report and it will be archived.

As stated you can request the images hidden by flagging the post you make supplying them and a staff member will go and hide them when they see the report.
  16. twitch.tv/Cristian_Does

Steam:

It was just a matter of principle, as I don't really need hiding the details of this paypal account.
    It's too bad that a simple privacy issue like this would have rendered my report useless if I were using my main paypal account.
    The good thing is that I'm done with anything related to Steam trading so this is most probably my first and last report here.
    Cheers!

PS: the requested screenshots are attached, as required... I still see no rason for not cropping them to 1920x1080, but I hope you like my wallpaper. :)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Moving this to review
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  18. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.