1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198041953982 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by LawL LawL, Jun 26, 2014.

1. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33291466
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198041953982 ()

Victim profile: 76561198026848660

What happened? Description:
    http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=16076204

That is the original trade posting. I accepted his $80 asking price and added to further discuss and proceed to trading.

Once added I re-evaluated the items on the offer and neglected to actually buy two of them. He accepted this and cut the price by $10 and was fine with continuing.

I then found out his PayPal was not verified and a safety-net discussion began, with me finally dropping my guard to pay half first. He then sent a trade-offer and asked if I saw it, initially there was nothing, and then something showed up. Checking it to be sure though, the trade offer was a pair of garbage items worth nothing compared to what I was paying for.

No further contact after that trade offer was declined.

He has since gone offline though manages to stay Online on the Steam Friends client. The true state of his profile is only found by trying to offer an active trade request, which brings up a message stating "You cannot trade with Famecrew because they are not logged in." As well as going to his profile on the Steam client or web-browser which shows him as being offline.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=16076204

From that trade-posting can be found the user's CS:GO Lounge profile, and subsequently his Steam Profile.

Screenshots provided are for the chat between us as well as verifying the profile as being his again.

The final screenshot is of a USP Guardian Min-Wear and a Glock Death Rattle Field-Tested, offered with a message that has no bearing on our transaction which includes no Mac 10 nor the items offered.​

Attached Files:

2. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    Unbelievable... He literally responded to the dispute minutes after I opened it, claiming to have no knowledge of what is clearly show in the prior screenshots.

Attached Files:

3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Give me a picture of the original payment via Paypal. Unedited in full screen browser.
    I need a picture of your trade history for the day of said scam. In that picture I need to see at least one trade from the previous day. Unedited in a full screen Steam client browser.
  4. Faamecrew

Faamecrew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40844127
    Nice try man, i gived to you the articles and you blocked me... Also you opened to me a dispute in paypal...
    And you edited all... i gave to u other paypal address, not that one... I gived to u my m4a4 and my m4a1-s and then u said i blocked u and bla bla bla.. u open a resolution case in paypal -.- you want to get the items for free... that's great.
  5. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    I have the full chat log from beginning to end... At no point did you give me two PayPal emails.

And to really show you for the fraud you are, why would one need to give someone two PayPal emails? The very fact you mention you possessing two PayPal addresses, one of which is UNVERIFIED, reeks of scamming.

Attached Files:

6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    I also need a picture of your dispute screen. Thanks
  7. Faamecrew

Faamecrew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40844127
    Your account is unverified too... and?
  8. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    As a buyer why would I need a verified account? I'm not the merchant selling goods and jumping ship with both cargo and payment.

Having a verified account as a buyer would do nothing as the buyer's scam out there is to take promised goods and charge-back payments, which would then... give their PayPal / Credit card balance a refund. Verifying the account in this situation does nothing to solidify the legitimacy of the buyer.

On the other hand a merchant selling goods has a vested interest in profit, or at the very least appearing legitimate with their sales. If they're found to be a fraud and charged-back they actually stand to lose something with a verified account, thus making the merchant accountable for his end of the bargain.
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  9. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    Ooops I forgot the screenshot of the dispute on PayPal, here.

I suppose sending PayPal the link to this would help to some degree for their end of investigating the claim?

Attached Files:

10. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    I ask this because I've already done it in hopes of speeding things up (this thread happens to have a lot more info on the case than what little was provided on the PayPal case before I was unable to add things like screenshots, etc).
  11. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Ready for review.
  12. LawL LawL

LawL LawL New User

Steam:
    I hope all scammers are as stupid as to try and convince their buyer they fulfilled their end of the bargain with forged evidence and some random emoticons. Would make dealing with you people a lot easier.

On a scale of Zero to Worthless, how effective do you think this behind the scenes dealing was?

Attached Files: