1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198042249249 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Katpolice, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198042249249

Victim profile: 76561198146174454

What happened? Description:
    Claimed that he had the best buying price on outpost. Added him to trade was onmy phone. Went first. Then, we started to had PayPal problems. After exchanging a few screenshots. I asked if I can have my keys back. Then, he started to say that his computer crashed this that. Don't know if it's true or not. Still haven't got my key yet as of me posting this.​

Provide Evidence:
    Proof may not be in order.​

Attached Files:

2. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Then, later blocks me. And still have my keys....

Attached Files:

3. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    More proof.

Attached Files:

4. The Troof

The Troof Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40991760
    This is untrue. I have sent him the money. Those are probably old pictures of this paypal. I have proof I sent the $10.25 to him.

Attached Files:

5. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Screenshots he sended to me.

http://imgur.com/fgvxDWu
    p

"Probably" Also, he still has my money and didn't pay me yet.

Attached Files:

6. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
  7. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

8. The Troof

Steam:
    I already proved I gave you the money. I believe you are posting old images of you PayPal. I think you made this post so you can get double the money I sent you for the keys. I feel this is a plan to either get me trade banned or you get your double your money. If anyone should be banned it should be you.
  9. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

10. The Troof

Steam:
    No way of proving that your pictures are current. And I should have the right to change the prices if I want. Prices change all the time in real life.
  11. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Been thinking about how all the pictures you provided where either "cropped" or photoshop".

Basiced on what "jamesbond007" comment:
    - Zero rep in the past year
    - "Keys I have bought: 5, claimed he bought 6 keys. Nothing adds up in his story."
    - Too good to be true.
  12. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Also, was thinking about how he wanted to buy my keys for $2.05 when later selling them for $1.72. Which makes no sense at all because your losing money and why would you got thougth all that to lose money?

Also, was wondering your proof. It was obviously cropped but I was thinking. That you could have made a account under the name "Gary Guy" or photoshop the picture to make it look like you paid me.

Which, I would also like to see is the transaction details of you sending me "my money".

Image below: A screenshot of my current PayPal history

Attached Files:

13. The Troof

Steam:
    Ok, any more proof you want?

Attached Files:

14. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Would explain certain things. Still wouldn't explain how I didn't the money in paypal account or you canceling it.

Attached Files:

15. The Troof

Steam:
    I think this is a problem with you and Paypal not me. I only canceled the money request you sent because I already paid you for the keys. I am not going to pay double of what I offered.
  16. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Checked my PayPal history. It seems to be that I didn't get the payment in the first place. ._.

Attached Files:

17. Drein

Drein New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7103572
    Katpolice, you might want to mail paypal support with theproof screenshot,
    The troof, you should post the transaction ID without the blacked out part so kat can contact paypal customer service
  18. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    Thanks! Did so.. Just waiting for The Troof to provide me with the transaction ID ._.
  19. The Troof

Steam:
    I do not feel comfortable sharing any of my PayPal transaction ids.
  20. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Katpolice, in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -ScreenShot of your Agreement- in full , taken from inside your Steam Client in your PC, without cropping anything [If you have it];
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

Please take the screenshots with cropping anything and from a PC.

Hello @The Troof , if you wish to provide counter proof, please provide:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -Screenshot of the paypal receipt - showing the details of the payment in question (Click Details next to the payment) -in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;

Make sure the screenshots are uncropped. If there's any sensitive information I will hide the screenshot from the public view.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.