1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198046903717 - (leaving in 9-16 day / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Law Enforcer, May 17, 2014.

1. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51841846
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198046903717 (leaving in 9-16 day)

Victim profile: 76561198063949420

What happened? Description:
    So, first of all, my brother used to scam. As an older brother, I have taken responsibility of teaching him how to respectfully trade with others and what to do. Unfortunately, this week has caused me to lose faith in the tf2 trading community :/

This guy approached my brother to act as a broker. What had happened was that a good friend of mine sharked him. This guy that approached my brother was going to try to get it back for him with a few offers. My brother invited me to a group chat, and this guy and another (but didn't have a mic...suuuuuure) discussed this with us. Upon searching, I found a previous report on him, and let my brother know. In the end though, my brother wanted me to trade him anyways against my better judgment. So I did, and after about 10 minutes, the item "magically got deleted". After a few minutes of confronting him about this, he told my brother what he had done. I have included a screenshot of his conversation with my brother, clearly stating he was a scammer. For his other account, should I submit another report?

*While my brother is a marked scammer, l all items were legally obtained with no scamming involved. I have triple checked this. While it my seem weird that i am "helping" a scammer, I am teaching him not to do what he did again, something that as his older brother, I feel is my duty to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. It amazes me how someone's greed can outweigh their morals.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...717-๖ۣۜΛƝƓ3l-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.60236/
    *previous report on him

I have attached all the chats with "them". I have also attached the conversation that he had with my brother afterwards. Lastly, I attached my inventory history of the trade.

*The reason that I have the hat, and my brother doesn't, is so that 1. I can ensure no scamming is going on 2. It puts me in a great position for teaching him. and 3. No will trade with him (for good reason, people shouldn't trade with scammers), but he can't learn how to properly trade if people wont.

I also have an audio recording of everything, even though the scammer doesn't talk, just me and my brother. If you feel the need to have this, just let me know.​

Attached Files:

2. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    I have just logged on to tf2 outpost to find out I am a marked scammer, with it stating I'm an alt to my brother's account. I can not believe the injustice in the steamrep community. I am an honest trader, that has helped more people than I can count. I live in the same house as my brother, yes, and therefore share the same IP. However, this wont be the case when I go to college in the fall. I will tell you exactly what I tell everyone else.

I will do everything in my power to prove to you that I am a different person. I have friends on my stream profile that know me in real life. I will skype call steam rep admins if they wish so that I can verify that I am who I am, that my family will SHOW you I have a brother. I will even link our facebooks. I am an 18 year old student who enjoys tf2 and its trading community, and am going to college in the fall for criminal justice.

You steamrep admins have marked me without first talking to me. This is the biggest part of your investigations, and I am applauded with how your system works. We are all guilty until proven innocent, not innocent until proven guilty. This isn't how justice works. I know how it does, I study it. My steam name isn't just law enforcer because I like it, I love studying criminal justice. And this is not justice. To have my account marked before this guys with ALL THE EVIDENCE, while all you have is an IP. And, to have my account marked without discussing anything with me is unbelievable. I have lost all faith in the tf2 community.

I want a steamrep admin to talk to me right now. Not have a discussion through forum, not have a discussion behind a keyboard, but a true face-to-face discussion so that you know I'm a human too. And I don't want to wait days for this. If you can steamrep admins can be so quick to mark me, I think you can quick enough to follow through with your investigation, and properly handle this.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!

Also, please don't post irrelevant info here, if you want to appeal to show that you're "not your brother", just go to the appeal subforums and create a thread there.
  4. Fun Poleece

Fun Poleece Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58719536
    STILL WAITING FOR THIS TO BE LOOKED AT
  5. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    I am commenting on this to respond to fun poleece, he is my brother. He does not know the rules, nor is familiar with websites such as this, which is why I submitted this report a a few months ago. You can't just comment on these forum posts, they have rules for this. Whether they actually follow through with their instigation or not is entirely up to them, even if it's their job. Doing this is counter-productive. Please be patient and do not post anymore on this or any other streamrep page that isn't yours unless you are told to do so. Message me on steam later and I'll show you where their discussion page is. Or if a steamrep admin is reading this, could you post a link for him.